Are 'Stand Your Ground' Laws A Good Idea?

Balco

Guest ChrisHarvard
I have a friend that carries four guns at time with it actually makes me feel safe. Also have friend that has 75 rifles mostly AR15s with a 500 meter range. 2nd amendment gun owners are some of the nicest people.

Balco, is your friend Maurice Clarrett?

Some one breaks into your house and threatns your family, bet you wish you wouldve had a gun then....

Exactly. I have zero need to go out and get my concealed carry card, but I'm more than happy to have my FOID card and be able to have a gun in the house legally. Hopefully never have to use it, But I'd rather have one than not if circumstances called for it. Don't want to be sitting in hell thinking "shit wish I could've had that gun then I wouldn't be sitting here right now"

Some one breaks into your house and threatns your family, bet you wish you wouldve had a gun then....

Granted, I don't live in a housing project, but who in the hell has ever experienced this? Someone breaks into your house and says they are going to kill you and your family. That hasn't happened to me nor anyone I have ever known. This is what you worry about? This is why you are packing? Again, I don't live, and never plan to live, in Compton. I would be more worried about a Delta 747 crashing into my house than someone breaking in and threatening the life of my wife and kids. Your guns won't help you then. The 747 is going to land where it lands with bullet holes or not.

For every incident where someone saves their family from an intruder with a gun, there are 100 where someone in their family is shot on accident.

I'll take my chances. My doors lock. I dont' live in the ghetto.

Taxman, you think only housing projects get broken into? Never heard of a person from those projects coming into the wealthier neighborhoods and taking things from the nice houses? Wow. Maybe you just don't have anything worth taking or live in an area where anyone else has anything worth taking. Do I sit at home thinking about someone stealing my car? no, but I'm assuming there are people out there that see something and have nothing to lose and decide to take a peak at what else those guys have.

And I'm not talking about a neighborhood with million dollar homes only...It's happened multiple times in our town (100K+ people) and we're just middle class families sprinkled in with some expensive subdivisions.