AAF had higher ratings than the NBA last night...

KingRevolver

It was the owner of the Hurricanes. They needed $250m to make payroll.

Yea, that's it, it cant be for payroll though, I heard every player is on a 3 yr contract paying 250K total(about 80K a yr), if you multiply it out, roughly 50 players per team, 10 teams, the entire payroll of the league for a whole year is only about $40 million.

What are they charging for tickets?

Yea, that's it, it cant be for payroll though, I heard every player is on a 3 yr contract paying 250K total(about 80K a yr), if you multiply it out, roughly 50 players per team, 10 teams, the entire payroll of the league for a whole year is only about $40 million.

What are they charging for tickets?

20 bucks and up in Orlando. They aren't selling many judging from the crowds

Well, lets see, if their payroll is $4 million per team, and they play 12 games(just guessing on that), they'd need to sell 32000  tickets to make payroll(to pay both teams), obviously they're getting money for TV, concessions, etc.

The whole thing seems ridiculous, you have to start a league with at least the ability to make the first few payrolls, dont you?

Seats are $20 in the end zone here too. The first home game there were a lot of people in the end zone and hardly anyone in the good seats. Don’t blame them though. I ain’t paying $60 per ticket to sit on the 30 yard line for that product either.

They are going to need to rethink their ticket pricing if this league is going to succeed.

Seats are $20 in the end zone here too. The first home game there were a lot of people in the end zone and hardly anyone in the good seats. Don’t blame them though. I ain’t paying $60 per ticket to sit on the 30 yard line for that product either.

They are going to need to rethink their ticket pricing if this league is going to succeed.

almost every professional sport could play to empty crowds and still be profitable, based just on the tv contracts