**some jackass stole my identity

milwaukee mike

any tips?

bulk of my money is in a protected account, warned them about suspicious activity

put a fraud alert on my credit

will wait a week and check my credit report to see who else to contact

... in dealings with clients that had this problem, none of them were out any money, just a bunch of time and effort proving they were who they were... so at least i can sleep at night, not that i'm a worrier anyway

Sign up to a protection service, because even if the damage is already done, they can help with new stuff that may arise.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, you aren't liable for shit.

As long as you aren't out REAL cash, and its highly unlikely.  Its a nothing issue, about as annoying as a house fly

yeah i agree with this

most people get their panties in a bunch about it

i had people counterfeiting checks against my business account and i still got reimbursed for all of it

B1906-BBE-F69-D-4-C05-8094-F0338-FC43-C7

So I got this in the mail today. To my knowledge I have never subscribed to Don Best...if I did it was long ago....Isn’t that a line service? What else would I have signed up for that could have linked me to this?

Anyone else get this letter?

Did you ever get a free trial of Sports Options?   I got the same letter, and I've never signed up with Don Best, but I did take advantage of a Free Sports Options trial years ago, and Don Best took them over.