London, Singapore, Bangkok and Seoul... here I come...

KingRevolver

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were there any No Go zones?

the yellow jacket protesters only protest on the weekend in Paris.  Plenty of heavily militarized police in both cities.  London had more homeless on the streets.  Paris people are not happy with the direction France is heading for the most part

Je parle Francaise comme si comme sa. 

mrs milwaukee has way more knowledge of french than i do, but she was always too shy, so i pretty much just said "parlez vous anglais?" everywhere

almost every touristy place, they speak english, and most of the restaurants had english menus

very glad that we went while you could still walk freely all over without it looking like a police state

the yellow jacket protesters only protest on the weekend in Paris.  Plenty of heavily militarized police in both cities.  London had more homeless on the streets.  Paris people are not happy with the direction France is heading for the most part

I had meant areas closed off to only Muslims since Far Right folks claim that London n France have No Go zones where any non-Muslims face violence upon entering.

Was wondering if any of that was true.

I had meant areas closed off to only Muslims since Far Right folks claim that London n France have No Go zones where any non-Muslims face violence upon entering.

Was wondering if any of that was true.

I did not see anything like that, but I didn't really look.  I did have a very interesting talk with a small restaurant owner in Paris.  She says the labor laws are so bad for small businesses that you can't even fire an employee without getting a fine.  She said they can show up late, do terrible work, etc and are still protected from getting fired.  All service industry folks get 3k Euros per month guaranteed.  I'm not sure how they live on that, but the money comes from what is already included on menu prices.  It doesn't seem to incentivize good service, but we got treated well everywhere we went.  The food was fantastic in Paris and completely shitty in London.  The service was also better in Pars.