I can't live on this every two weeks

D-Hustle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A record 7 million Americans are 90 days or more behind on their auto loan payments. Economists warn this is a red flag. Despite the strong economy and low unemployment rate many Americans are struggling to pay their bills. Despite the strong economy and low unemployment an unprecedented 2 trillion has been added to the federal debt. Economists say The Trump Ta Scam is only going to make things worse for most Americans going forward.

Good info here.

A major recession is coming (if people cant pay their car loans you know they cant pay their house loans or credit card loans) and Trump is probably going to take the hit in his next term (assuming he wins as I have yet to see a legit Dem contender, except Bernie... But the Dem establishment wont let that happen)

People got buried under Obamacare. Let’s investigate these companies. It’s not a trump issue either,

Obamacare was sabotaged by the RepubliCONS. That hurt. Then it was sabotaged again by Trump's taxscam. But it's still has a favorable approval. Last midterm, both parties ran on protecting Obamacare. RepubliCONs were lying thou and the voters obviously saw through it.

If the RepubliCONS would only work with the Dems in a bipartisan manner Obamacare could be great. But the RepubliCONS never wanted Obama to succeed.

Obamacare was sabotaged by the RepubliCONS. That hurt. Then it was sabotaged again by Trump's taxscam. But it's still has a favorable approval. Last midterm, both parties ran on protecting Obamacare. RepubliCONs were lying thou and the voters obviously saw through it.

If the RepubliCONS would only work with the Dems in a bipartisan manner Obamacare could be great. But the RepubliCONS never wanted Obama to succeed.

It has favorable appeal by the people who couldn’t get it at a decent price - a good thing. The problem is it’s hurting everyone else to the point of paying the fine instead. At the end of the day, we are picking up the ER tab. The insurance industry needs to be investigated, but that’ll never happen.

Jeff Bezos hasnt paid federal taxes in two years. How does that happen? If he was a conservative there is no way he gets away with.

In 2018 Amazon pays a Corp income tax of 21% Much higher in 2017 and 2016. So as the owner of Amazon Jeff Bezos certainly pays federal and state taxes.

Now Federal Income taxes is a different story. Billionaire Corporate owners avoid federal income tax by leaving their profits in the business. No distributions only a reasonable salary. These billionaire business owners avoid paying their share of income by leaving the profits in retained earnings.

Elizabeth Warren has a plan to make these tax avoiding billionaires pay some tax. It's called a wealth tax. Any person that has wealth of 50 million or more will be subject to a 2% tax. Great idea. So a billionaire would pay a wealth tax of 2 million. Chump change.

In 2018 Amazon pays a Corp income tax of 21% Much higher in 2017 and 2016. So as the owner of Amazon Jeff Bezos certainly pays federal and state taxes.

Now Federal Income taxes is a different story. Billionaire Corporate owners avoid federal income tax by leaving their profits in the business. No distributions only a reasonable salary. These billionaire business owners avoid paying their share of income by leaving the profits in retained earnings.

Elizabeth Warren has a plan to make these tax avoiding billionaires pay some tax. It's called a wealth tax. Any person that has wealth of 50 million or more will be subject to a 2% tax. Great idea. So a billionaire would pay a wealth tax of 2 million. Chump change.

2% of a billion is 2 million? I seriously can't believe you're allowed to do taxes and math etc...

I hope that Warren plan happens. When you get to be a billionaire it is cool giving 20 mil a year in taxes, because the dude is obviously not giving a high enough percent to charity (seriously, no one person should morally have 1 billion dollars)

There are people out there that think it's insane that anyone has more than maybe 50K, should we listen to them?

There are people out there that think it's insane that anyone has more than maybe 50K, should we listen to them?

I understand the point, but when you can buy 1000 million dollar homes you should probably be giving some of that to charity... and if you wont i am ok with the government taking portions of it.

I believe in a flat tax with no tax loopholes (there would be a lot of irs employees) but that is a pipe dream that will never happen.

I understand the point, but when you can buy 1000 million dollar homes you should probably be giving some of that to charity... and if you wont i am ok with the government taking portions of it.

I believe in a flat tax with no tax loopholes (there would be a lot of irs employees) but that is a pipe dream that will never happen.

Except your "should" is your opinion, which is unimportant to everyone. Surely you wouldn't want to live in a world where my opinion controlled your finances?

One thing that could be done to fix social security is eliminate the ceiling for being taxed.  

One thing that could be done to fix social security is eliminate the ceiling for being taxed.  

Or at least raised, of course doing so would mean that rich people would get huge SS checks when they retire, or are you opposed to giving them their fair share?

There are several things they could and should do, raise the income cap, tax benefits more for the wealthy, and raise the retirement age a bit more.

Or at least raised, of course doing so would mean that rich people would get huge SS checks when they retire, or are you opposed to giving them their fair share?

There are several things they could and should do, raise the income cap, tax benefits more for the wealthy, and raise the retirement age a bit more.

If they are a billionaire, do they need their fair share of SS? 

Except your "should" is your opinion, which is unimportant to everyone. Surely you wouldn't want to live in a world where my opinion controlled your finances?

Lol it should ideally be collective opinions that control tax structure, but when corporations and money can lobby politicians the collective "opinion" is not taken into account.

This is one reason i think this AOC lady is doing so well. She is talking about political finance and how fucked up it is and people are starting to notice.

Lol it should ideally be collective opinions that control tax structure, but when corporations and money can lobby politicians the collective "opinion" is not taken into account.

This is one reason i think this AOC lady is doing so well. She is talking about political finance and how fucked up it is and people are starting to notice.

Doing so well, huh? Getting attention is not exactly the path to political success(in almost all cases), her idiocy has strengthened trump greatly in the last few weeks, she's basically the Kim Kardashian of the house.