Help me abuse this credit card promo

WVU

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I love the house. Historical registry scares me though. Let me look at this more. Beautiful exterior. Love this place!!

Very interesting house.

It's all about location. If that house is in SF it's worth 3-5 million.

As it sits, my house in AZ is worth more.

Forgot the link with the virtual tour. Fitting music even adds to it!

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2805-Harrison-Ave_Cincinnati_OH_45211_M30694-32907

Guy on my job just told me this scam today at break, says his brother has been doing it for months.....

Has a Chase Saphire card and everyday on his way home buys a $1500 money order from Walmart (70 cent charge) and then goes to his bank and deposits it.

Chase gives 5% rewards at Big Box stores so he makes $14.30 a day, sets his auto pay to payout $4500 every 3-days and has a 7k credit limit

That’s $420 free every month

Guy on my job just told me this scam today at break, says his brother has been doing it for months.....

Has a Chase Saphire card and everyday on his way home buys a $1500 money order from Walmart (70 cent charge) and then goes to his bank and deposits it.

Chase gives 5% rewards at Big Box stores so he makes $14.30 a day, sets his auto pay to payout $4500 every 3-days and has a 7k credit limit

Nice

This is the kind of stuff that gets me excited.  I am not so sure a MO buy would qualify as a purchase that gets points.  I hope I'm wrong, though.

#fake news. I just looked, and you can’t buy money orders at WM with a CC unless they have changed the rules. Why is he only making $14.30 per day if he gets 5%? If this is real, is it treated as a cash advance and that is after all the fees and everything?

#fake news. I just looked, and you can’t buy money orders at WM with a CC unless they have changed the rules. Why is he only making $14.30 per day if he gets 5%? If this is real, is it treated as a cash advance and that is after all the fees and everything?

If it's a cash advance you start paying interest right away, in addition to the typical 4% fee.

• 1 year later...

I woke up to a notification from my Sears card that was quite refreshing...

I ordered online for Vons curbside pick up and it came to $96 so I go and pick it up come home and see they charged me $196....so I call them and they say come back and we’ll fix it, when I get there the lady finds the errors and gives me money back Plus those items for free so it’s over $100 ($133) and that amount Has to be given back cash.

So I wake up this morning to see an alert text from Sears asking if I tried to use my card blah blah blah and I say yes and they replied Ok the transaction was denied so go ahead and try again....

Hahaha....not only did I get $96 in free food but I also got $133 cash and on top of that it’s a Vons I never go to, I only went there because the one close to me was out of 3oz petite lobster and to top that off it was the item I was over charged in...

Ted wins again!!!! 

30 minutes ago, Teddy kgb said:

I ordered online for Vons curbside pick up and it came to $96 so I go and pick it up come home and see they charged me $196....so I call them and they say come back and we’ll fix it, when I get there the lady finds the errors and gives me money back Plus those items for free so it’s over $100 ($133) and that amount Has to be given back cash.

So I wake up this morning to see an alert text from Sears asking if I tried to use my card blah blah blah and I say yes and they replied Ok the transaction was denied so go ahead and try again....

Hahaha....not only did I get $96 in free food but I also got $133 cash and on top of that it’s a Vons I never go to, I only went there because the one close to me was out of 3oz petite lobster and to top that off it was the item I was over charged in...

Ted wins again!!!! 

You still have sears by you?

31 minutes ago, Teddy kgb said:

Ted wins again!!!! 

this is a feel good story like when they let retards score touchdowns in high school sports. good stuff teddy!