Help me abuse this credit card promo

WVU

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Teddy kgb said:

I woke up to a notification from my Sears card that was quite refreshing...

I ordered online for Vons curbside pick up and it came to $96 so I go and pick it up come home and see they charged me $196....so I call them and they say come back and we’ll fix it, when I get there the lady finds the errors and gives me money back Plus those items for free so it’s over $100 ($133) and that amount Has to be given back cash.

So I wake up this morning to see an alert text from Sears asking if I tried to use my card blah blah blah and I say yes and they replied Ok the transaction was denied so go ahead and try again....

Hahaha....not only did I get $96 in free food but I also got $133 cash and on top of that it’s a Vons I never go to, I only went there because the one close to me was out of 3oz petite lobster and to top that off it was the item I was over charged in...

Ted wins again!!!! 

JFC. You’re turning into Landers Teddy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Had to call Amex customer service the other day And while on the phone they talked me into applying for a Platinum card because it had a 100,000 point bonus if you spend X amount in three months. I really didn’t want to, but after looking at the benefits it seems that I would easily recoup the 550 annual fee. $30 credit per month til June in PayPal purchases, $100 per year at Saks, $15 per month towards Uber, $200 incidental annual  airline credit, plus the bonus miles and some other stuff including the lounge access. I have never been to a Centuriam lounge before, but decided to try it yesterday. I didn’t have much time,  so just got some oatmeal and coffee for breakfast but if I had a layover, would be great place to drink for free. Airport bars are expensive.

I think if you apply online it’s only 75,000 bonus points, but if you call them and they offer/target to you you might get 100,000 points.  I think I have to spend 5k on it in 3 mos. But look at all the benes...

https://upgradedpoints.com/amex-platinum-card-benefits

Definitely EV

47 minutes ago, IAG said:

Had to call Amex customer service the other day And while on the phone they talked me into applying for a Platinum card because it had a 100,000 point bonus if you spend X amount in three months. I really didn’t want to, but after looking at the benefits it seems that I would easily recoup the 550 annual fee. $30 credit per month til June in PayPal purchases, $100 per year at Saks, $15 per month towards Uber, $200 incidental annual  airline credit, plus the bonus miles and some other stuff including the lounge access. I have never been to a Centuriam lounge before, but decided to try it yesterday. I didn’t have much time,  so just got some oatmeal and coffee for breakfast but if I had a layover, would be great place to drink for free. Airport bars are expensive.

I think if you apply online it’s only 75,000 bonus points, but if you call them and they offer/target to you you might get 100,000 points.  I think I have to spend 5k on it in 3 mos. But look at all the benes...

Definitely EV

I barely charge $5K in a year, the only way I can do the 2K in 3 months typical offer is if I charge my homeowners ins, and that only comes once a year.

51 minutes ago, IAG said:

Definitely EV

Have had it for years and it’s a no brainer even at $550

Love the centurion lounges they’re  amazing 

7 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I barely charge $5K in a year, the only way I can do the 2K in 3 months typical offer is if I charge my homeowners ins, and that only comes once a year.

I put this last trip on it.  Half way there. Lol.  I’ll make it easily.   When I screw up is when 8 get two cards at a time with same type requirements.