How does Ricky Rubio get max money when he not even in upper half of starting PG's?

sleepy

Rubio would be unreal if he learned how to shoot

Like Cee said though, pretty much the same player as Rondo and people used to go on and on calling Rondo one of the best players in the NBA (funny how that wasn't the case when he wasn't beside 3 hall of famers)

It does limit your offense somewhat when you have a guard who is pretty much no threat to shoot on the floor, but his passing ability and iq is up there with any other pg in the league. Also a pretty underrated defender

He has time to become a good shooter though. Kidd couldnt' shoot worth a crap when he came into the league and by the end was a pretty good 3 pt shooter. Lebron was never nearly as bad as Rubio but was far from a reliable jump shooter in his early years and now is one of the best in the league. Shooting is one of the easier things to improve on if you put in the work

He's not getting max money. Rubio caps out at 14.8 million in 2018/2019 season and makes below that each year before then. All NBA salaries have to be viewed through the lens that they are going to re-negotiate the CBA after the 2016 season. Most estimates put the increased team cap at 20 mil p/y. So some contracts that seem crazy now like Gordon Hayward, Rubio etc. will likely be average or below vs. the production you could get under new contract terms for comparable playes in the new CBA.

If i were an NBA gm I wouldn't give him that type of money now since there's a ton of parity at that position but from the Wolves perspective he's worth more to franchise than another PG so I can see why they did it. With Love gone he and Wiggins become the de-facto stars of the franchise that would otherwise have trouble collecting a list talent through FA.

Guest ChrisHarvard

He really knows his stuff.

I'd love to go out on the town with him some day...to meet women. I am not gay.

I bet he talks a good game at the bars and clubs.