NFL Win Totals Released For 2019

Mike75

Gotcha. I defer to you on expertise.

Just had to pose my thoughts/inquiry to see what you would say.

Appreciate it.

Sure thing. We got some really good knowledgeable posters here especially regarding NFL. Theguesser the one with the Christopher Lloyd/Taxi avatar he is usually pretty good as well. Sharp Square,Fair Warning are too.

I was throwing a football today with my 13 year old son and i was telling him that my father never threw a ball with me or spent much time with me. BUT the one thing i he did give me was the love for the game of football.

In the fall of 1984 i was 9 years old and loved Atari plus MTV, I was a 9 year old and into Motley Crue,Van Halen,etc. plus video games. Anyway late one night my dad asked me i found a football team for boys wanna join?   I had zero knowledge about the game of football and i very well could've said not interested but i am so glad i decided to join.

I loved the hard jarring hits,the speed,etc. In my first game i shot like a missle to the QB for a sack i could hear my dad scream out YEAH when it happened. I wasnt anything special i had like 4 tackles all year. One game a yellowjacket bee got in my jersey when i was playing stung me twice all you could see was me running for the sideline arms flailing in the air screaming in agony. A coach used tobacco to soothe the sting.

Anyway i started collecting football cards,watching NFL films on ESPN also i started watching games the first memorable one was Montana vs Marino Dolphins/49ers Super Bowl 19, The next year i remember vividly how i never saw again a team as dominant ever again like the '85 Bears. My best friend at the time came over he was a Dallas fan who schooled me on how Dallas always beat Chicago. Anyway we were both speechless watching the 44-0 Bears blowout.

The one thing for a long time that i hated was i had no team in my area. Every time Memphis tried we came up short as i watched Jacksonville,Charlotte,St. Louis,Baltimore get new teams. Also the last thing i wanted was a team moving here and keeping their name like the Rams.

The only way i would support a team is renaming the team as well getting new uniforms. Then in 1999 i got my wish owner Bud Adams was rebranding his team to be called Tennessee Titans,getting new uniforms,a new stadium i was so happy to finally have a team.

All it took was that first unforgettable year i was hooked. The Titans fininshed 13-3 and we were getting ready for the playoffs. So we were having a home playoff game vs. Buffalo with 0:16 seconds left after Buffalo kicked a FG making the score Bills 16, Titans 15. All of America thought it was over,i thought it was over slumped in my chair. Then as Buffalo kicked off a crazy thing happening. One Titan player Lorenzo Neal picked the ball up then he heaved it over to another player Frank Wycheck then Wycheck threw a pass to his left to Kevin Dyson who ran untouched 75 yards for a TD and everyone soon dubbed it 'The Music City Miracle' and to this day it is pegged as one of the biggest plays in NFL history. I know i'll never forget it.

After Buffalo we beat Peyton Manning and Indy then the next game down in Jax we won the AFC Championship and went to the Super Bowl. At the Super Bowl at the end we were one yard shy of a TD when time ran out. Still we made the Super Bowl our first season. Getting ahead a bit Tennessee recently finished their 20th season winning 170 games from 1999 thru 2018 making them 11th in wins 1 win shy of 10th place Dallas/NY Giants with 171 wins. The Titans have 3 straight winning seasons and won a playoff game in 2017 that was the biggest come from behind win ever for an NFL road team in the playoffs.

Below is a crowd shot at last years unveiling of new Titans uniforms, Draft crowd will be way bigger.

26_8394941.JPG

2019-NFL-Draft.jpg

Can't wait for the 2019 season we will be trying for a 4th straight winning year we brought in some good players in free agency and still have the NFL Draft which by the way is in Nashville at the end of April.

mike, i missed out on tickets to the draft party through marriott rewards... those were pretty cheap at 15,000 points... they still have walk the red carpet stuff, but over 200,000 points?

no way am i paying $3000 worth of hotel rewards for that  :laugh

https://moments.marriottbonvoy.com/moments/8241

I won't be at the draft myself either. I live in Tennessee but a good 220 miles from Nashville. If you ever ride the interstate here you go from the western most point in Tennessee in Memphis and go all the way to the eastern most point of the state it would take a good 8 or 9 hours to drive.

Ravens lost Suggs, Weddle, Z Smith on D. Added Earl Thomas who is the best FS in the game when healthy. But he's had season ending injuries the last 3 years. 

I like Bengals over 6 as well, that was atleast an average team before their season fell apart to injuries. 6 is way too low.

Agree on Bears 9.5 being a bit rich, a lot of similarities to last years Jaguars. And their schedule should be pretty tough.

Wish these win totals didn't come out so early now. Earlier and earlier every year.

Ravens lost Suggs, Weddle, Z Smith on D. Added Earl Thomas who is the best FS in the game when healthy. But he's had season ending injuries the last 3 years. 

I like Bengals over 6 as well, that was atleast an average team before their season fell apart to injuries. 6 is way too low.

Agree on Bears 9.5 being a bit rich, a lot of similarities to last years Jaguars. And their schedule should be pretty tough.

Wish these win totals didn't come out so early now. Earlier and earlier every year.

Cincy hard team to read. From '09 to '15 they made playoffs 6 out of 7 years. Then HC Marv Lewis luck ran out and last 3 years they were 6-9-1,7-9 and 6-10. First 5 years of the decade Bengals had one of most talented rosters. I think if anything QB Andy Dalton held Cincu