Update: We will be down tonight starting @ 10PM ET

TheGamblingForum

The website will be offline on Thursday March 5th at 1am EST. We will be migrating to a new server that will hopefully fix any non software related issues like the site not loading properly or random error messages when posting with a mobile device. We expect to be back online within 4 to 6 hours. Once this migration is complete we will begin work on downgrading to VBulletin 4.0

Thank you,

TheGamblingForum

Guest ChrisHarvard
Stop being a smartass. Your act is getting tired.

Yawn

BURN!

fetch?photoid=87306

I didn't know the tech team could burn posters like that

Guest boatboatboat
So what exactly has changed here? When exactly are we going to see the new forum?

as I understand it we moved from one server to another.

the prior server at times..........some posters would have glitches while others wouldn't. sporadic issues. Once full moved and implemented this server should reduce that and be faster as well.

In regards to the new software. As odd as it may be, its a DOWNGRADE from what we have. We have the NEWEST VB5.0 we are going to VB4.0 an older lower cost version.

As it turns out having the newest isn't the best. learned the hard way.

They say maybe 2 weeks............. I'll believe it when I see it. A whole new site (but will look like this one ) must be built.

Unfortunately when done there isn't a magic button that can be pushed to move all the content we see here with our VB5.0 to the new site running VB4.0

This is what has stopped us from going back to VB4.0......... but TGF has found a tech who has found a way to move all our content here to the new site. Even though VB says it cant be done. BUttttttt it is a VERY slow process, as its almost like having to C/P and move it all by hand. Not quite that bad, but close.

In short

New server in place, will be fine tuned over course of next few days and TGF will be faster and more stable. Within 60 days (much less IMO) the software will look and work like EOG. Threads will update, pages you have read not have to be clicked thru and blah blah blah.

hope that helps

Guest ChrisHarvard

I missed out on about 1800 because I couldn't get to my resources on here earlier this evening.

I don't have everyone's e-mail/numbers. Thanks a lot support staff.