2019 TGF Annual Baseball Contest {STANDINGS THREAD}

Sharp Square

so the rules I linked you to weren't actually the rules or an addendum to the rules as stated in that post?

I'll go with whatever, but I thought this was a handicapping contest, not an angle shooting one.  So much for working up an honest lead over months.  Good luck to everyone doubling up on their plays.  one or two good days and your are right back in it

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be even more confused. Lol If no one has already done this, could be now stated that there is no more than one side and one total allowed per player per game....whether you want you use on FF or full game That would prevent doubling up or taking opposite teams FF/game....unless doing THAT is ok. I’m not trying to look at angles per se. I just have a lot of plays to make and knowing myself, I will put it off till last minute and wanted to clarify. I’m OK with anything.... Just as long as we are all playing by the same rules and have been under the same understanding.

Unfortunately all the scenarios aren’t always thought of when drawing up the rules as SS said. I know he asked for input. I probably didn’t think about it enough personally.

so the rules I linked you to weren't actually the rules or an addendum to the rules as stated in that post?

I'll go with whatever, but I thought this was a handicapping contest, not an angle shooting one.  So much for working up an honest lead over months.  Good luck to everyone doubling up on their plays.  one or two good days and your are right back in it

I may be even more confused. Lol If no one has already done this, could be now stated that there is no more than one side and one total allowed per player per game....whether you want you use on FF or full game That would prevent doubling up or taking opposite teams FF/game....unless doing THAT is ok. I’m not trying to look at angles per se. I just have a lot of plays to make and knowing myself, I will put it off till last minute and wanted to clarify. I’m OK with anything.... Just as long as we are all playing by the same rules and have been under the same understanding.

Unfortunately all the scenarios aren’t always thought of when drawing up the rules as SS said. I know he asked for input. I probably didn’t think about it enough personally.

This was brought up in the first thread made and guys were for and against so we had no clear consensus as to what everyone wanted. So we went with the rules below. No one voiced a single objection as to what was sent. Everyone had the same chance to read it and voice an opinion. Now most player are more than 100 plays in we can't just add or subtract from the rules we sent out. 

RULES: 

*200 Plays (no more no less)
*All plays are based on a ($100) bet!
*Full Game Sides/Full Game Totals/Run-Line/1st5 wagers (sides+totals) only.
*You CANNOT play both sides of the same game.
*There is no minimum or maximum # of plays per day/week.
*Each entry must make exactly 200 plays by the All Star Break set any remaining plays will count as (-$100) in the final grading. Any additional plays will be voided.
*Winners will be determined by highest account value not wins!
*Any situation not covered here including rainouts etc will be covered by Vegas Rules.
*Any wager made that does not follow these rules will be voided + counted against the total.

I would like to make this contest and every single contest I setup/grade etc a perfect fit for everyone and I try. I asked for input because it was a post up contest and I believe that when it comes to post ups the rules should be in line with what the majority of those playing want them to be because in the end its you guys money on the line not mine. But I have slowly come to realize that my efforts to do so are fairly useless. 

Perhaps no one objected because it was assumed that was already part of the rules that you had set in motion earlier and wouldn't require being rehashed.

Might as well allow parlays too then. There's no rule against them. Right?

All anyone had to do was READ!   I made it a point to put the rules in every single PM that was sent out. 

What more can I do?  The rules were in there clear as day if you didn't take 1 minute to read em then that's not my fault.  If you read which every player should have done then an objection could have been made then and the change would have been put in place. But it certainly can't be done now. 

So it's our fault that you didn't put in the same rules that were already agreed to and that you've made a decision that this set of rules is now the defacto, unwavering set of rules that must be adhered to.

Understood. Makes sense.

The fact is that if it were ANYONE else asking other than IAG, the answer would have been different.

Not a doubt in my mind.

We've already extended the contest 2 weeks, but can't make the rules contain an already agreed to prevention at shot taking.

Fuck this place completely.

That original set up was scrapped completely format wise.  When we switched over to the PPH all new information rules etc would be sent in the PMs.  The rules were sent i posted them here, there was plenty of time to ask questions and voice concerns etc then. 

"if it were ANYONE else asking other than IAG, the answer would have been different."   Man fuck you!

I can take being criticized for whatever reason rules wise and have no problem admitting I am wrong when something grading wise is inaccurate etc, but I am not going to sit here and let you call me a cheat. 

Go fuck yourself. Allowing shot taking for friends is no different than stealing. You're the scum of the Earth.If it were po69 asking this, it wouldn't even be a fucking discussion, scumbag.

To be fair,IGGY was just asking to clarify the rules,no way she is a shot taker

Go fuck yourself. Allowing shot taking for friends is no different than stealing. You're the scum of the Earth.

If it were po69 asking this, it wouldn't even be a fucking discussion, scumbag.

Quit being ignorant.  I am certainly not "friends" with IAG in any way shape or form besides the few interactions we have had on this forum I wouldn't know her from wonder woman. 

My reply and answer was simply based on the rules we sent out to everyone via PM. Those rules don't say you CANNOT play the ff and full game on same side. They are what they are and they are clear I cannot change that now for anyone!   If I could change them in a fair way to accommodate everyone I certainly would but its just not possible. 

When the PMs were sent out anyone could of said hey Sharp what about the FF/Full game on same side, lets not do that or have we decided to or not to do that and we could have clarified and made any needed adjustments then. I would have been more than happy to take the time to do it.

Quit being ignorant.  I am certainly not "friends" with IAG in any way shape or form besides the few interactions we have had on this forum I wouldn't know her from wonder woman. 

My reply and answer was simply based on the rules we sent out to everyone via PM. Those rules don't say you CANNOT play the ff and full game on same side. They are what they are and they are clear I cannot change that now for anyone!   If I could change them in a fair way to accommodate everyone I certainly would but its just not possible. 

When the PMs were sent out anyone could of said hey Sharp what about the FF/Full game on same side, lets not do that or have we decided to or not to do that and we could have clarified and made any needed adjustments then. I would have been more than happy to take the time to do it.

IAG: "Can we extend the contest longer. I don't think I can get all of my plays in."

Sharp Square: "Contest extended two weeks!"

IAG: "Can I play highly correlated plays together even though I know for sure that they are shot taking. I don't think I can get all of my plays in."

Sharp Square: "Of course you can!"

IAG: "Can we extend the contest longer. I don't think I can get all of my plays in."

Sharp Square: "Contest extended two weeks!"

IAG: "Can I play highly correlated plays together even though I know for sure that they are shot taking. I don't think I can get all of my plays in."

Sharp Square: "Of course you can!"

again quit being so damn ignorant.  the contest was extended because of a problem that happened that was simply out of our control.  No one extended the contest to benefit anyone we simply replaced days at the end that were lost to players previously.  Again for something that was no one's fault. 

IAG: "Can we extend the contest longer. I don't think I can get all of my plays in."Sharp Square: "Contest extended two weeks!"IAG: "Can I play highly correlated plays together even though I know for sure that they are shot taking. I don't think I can get all of my plays in."Sharp Square: "Of course you can!"

She asked for clarification of a deadline as did a few other posters because of the glitches that closed the PPH down

again quit being so damn ignorant.  the contest was extended because of a problem that happened that was simply out of our control.  No one extended the contest to benefit anyone we simply replaced days at the end that were lost to players previously.  Again for something that was no one's fault.

The answer that you would have given po69 asking the same question was the correct answer.

Zero ignorance here. Just a whole lot of scumbaggery on your part and all of the white knights in here. Carry on. Done with this shithole.

The answer that you would have given po69 asking the same question was the correct answer.

Zero ignorance here. Just a whole lot of scumbaggery on your part and all of the white knights in here. Carry on. Done with this shithole.

You are just too ignorant to realize that for both it would have been the exact same answer, right or wrong. 

I'll sit here and take all the backlash for that rule not being included and hell anyone can even blame me if they lose. I am fine with all of that criticism deserved or not.

But I won't allow anyone esp someone like you "who always thinks he is right" to call me a cheat in any way shape or form.  It just crosses the line Period. 

You are just too ignorant to realize that for both it would have been the exact same answer, right or wrong. 

I'll sit here and take all the backlash for that rule not being included and hell anyone can even blame me if they lose. I am fine with all of that criticism deserved or not.

But I won't allow anyone esp someone like you "who always thinks he is right" to call me a cheat in any way shape or form.  It just crosses the line Period.

So we can change the rules and extend the contest because of unforeseen circumstances but can't change a rule that YOU forgot to include to remove shot taking.

Yeah. Not cheating. LOL.