2019 TGF Annual Baseball Contest {STANDINGS THREAD}

Sharp Square

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To my knowledge I haven’t, but I have heard some people said they did...I’m fine with agreeing to no correlated Full game/FF sides or totals as long as they have not been used already by anyone who ends up being in the money. I was never arguing to be able to do so. In fact, I wondered if maybe TN had done so and that is why he was so far ahead lol. I really had no idea if there was a serious advantage or not. Sorry, stats 101 wasn’t my best subject.

I never did get an answer to this question though....If playing correlated plays, is an advantage, is playing different teams or different sides of a total in the same game considered disadvantageous, and therefore allowed? I know you can’t play different sides in the same bet....but could you play Braves FF and Pitt for game? Same with totals. Or ML on one side and Run line the other...I’m not being purposefully obtuse here. I just don’t take these net as seriously as some of you apparently do.

As far as it being a handicapping contest as opposed to using other strategies, I get this, but the only way to do this seriously would be not to post any standings. I know Boat wanted that in prior years, and now it seems to make sense. If you aren’t supposed to use any sort of strategy when behind, should we ban people from playing all dogs if trailing? I don’t think you can expect people to not do hail Marys if that is their only chance. I really dgaf, I just want everyone playing by same rules.

The amount of misinformation put forth regarding what happened in this contest and anyone’s intentions as asserted by one person is absolutely disgusting btw.

jesus

this shit to complicated

my contest strategy is wake up pour a coffee check starting pitchers make some plays based on that infinite wisdom

check damage next morning.

It's $100

if someone gonna cheat and need that cash I'll send them another $100 if they win.

but they won't

To my knowledge I haven’t, but I have heard some people said they did...I’m fine with agreeing to no correlated Full game/FF sides or totals as long as they have not been used already by anyone who ends up being in the money. I was never arguing to be able to do so. In fact, I wondered if maybe TN had done so and that is why he was so far ahead lol. I really had no idea if there was a serious advantage or not. Sorry, stats 101 wasn’t my best subject.

I never did get an answer to this question though....If playing correlated plays, is an advantage, is playing different teams or different sides of a total in the same game considered disadvantageous, and therefore allowed? I know you can’t play different sides in the same bet....but could you play Braves FF and Pitt for game? Same with totals. Or ML on one side and Run line the other...I’m not being purposefully obtuse here. I just don’t take these net as seriously as some of you apparently do.

As far as it being a handicapping contest as opposed to using other strategies, I get this, but the only way to do this seriously would be not to post any standings. I know Boat wanted that in prior years, and now it seems to make sense. If you aren’t supposed to use any sort of strategy when behind, should we ban people from playing all dogs if trailing? I don’t think you can expect people to not do hail Marys if that is their only chance. I really dgaf, I just want everyone playing by same rules.

The amount of misinformation put forth regarding what happened in this contest and anyone’s intentions as asserted by one person is absolutely disgusting btw.

If po69 had asked the same thing, the same 10 people jumping on me would have been calling him a shot taking scammer. 100% truth whether you want to admit it or not.

I have a hard time believing that you don't know that correlated plays are advantageous after all of the contests you've played in. Sorry. Not buying the dumb girl routine.

If po69 had asked the same thing, the same 10 people jumping on me would have been calling him a shot taking scammer. 100% truth whether you want to admit it or not.

I have a hard time believing that you don't know that correlated plays are advantageous after all of the contests you've played in. Sorry. Not buying that.

I was not arguing to be able to use them....I was simply trying to confirm rules.....I knew that some (at least one) were using them...didn’t think u were supposed to, but wasn’t sure. . I knew there is a reason you can’t at books, but didn’t know how significant an advantage it was....mostly I was curious about the other items I mentioned above. And figured if some were using, I didn’t want to lose out because others were doing it. It was all about clarification. If you think I was trying to scam, I would just do it and play it at the end that it was legal and argue the point then instead of an open forum. That makes no sense.

Also the contest was extended by several days because of a computer glitch...not because I asked for one. WVU said that it should be extended and I stated I agreed. Fair warning said it should be extended to August 1 which I thought was too long and I made a comment specifically saying that would unfairly benefit people like me who are slow at getting plays in. Literally the very opposite of everything you implied/posted is what happened. . You owe me an apology and you owe Sharp an apology. And while we are at it, you owe Yanks an apology. I won’t hold my breath.

I probably know SS less than anyone at this forum. We are certainly not “friends” in that sense, and you implying he is doing things because we are friends is absurd.

I have a feeling if you wwere not in third place and I wasn’t in fourth with quite a few plays to make, , this wouldn’t be as big of a deal. It was simply wanting us to all be on the same page and playing by the same rules. Other than that I don’t really care what the rules are...certainly never argued to do one thing or another.

I was not arguing to be able to use them....I was simply trying to confirm rules.....I knew that some (at least one) were using them...didn’t think u were supposed to, but wasn’t sure. . I knew there is a reason you can’t at books, but didn’t know how significant an advantage it was....mostly I was curious about the other items I mentioned above. And figured if some were using, I didn’t want to lose out because others were doing it. It was all about clarification. If you think I was trying to scam, I would just do it and play it at the end that it was legal and argue the point then instead of an open forum. That makes no sense.

Also the contest was extended by several days because of a computer glitch...not because I asked for one. WVU said that it should be extended and I stated I agreed. Fair warning said it should be extended to August 1 which I thought was too long and I made a comment specifically saying that would unfairly benefit people like me who are slow at getting plays in. Literally the very opposite of everything you implied/posted is what happened. . You owe me an apology and you owe Sharp an apology. And while we are at it, you owe Yanks an apology. I won’t hold my breath.

I probably know SS less than anyone at this forum. We are certainly not “friends” in that sense, and you implying he is doing things because we are friends is absurd.

I have a feeling if you wwere not in third place and I wasn’t in fourth with quite a few plays to make, , this wouldn’t be as big of a deal. It was simply wanting us to all be on the same page and playing by the same rules. Other than that I don’t really care what the rules are...certainly never argued to do one thing or another.

So you didn't ask for an extension that was granted? And you didn't ask about using correlated plays which was also granted (which was news to at least 3 of us with positive units)? Not seeing how the opposite happened. Sorry.

What I did see is someone trying to word it nicely to try to avoid culpability and then let everyone else come to their rescue.

So you didn't ask for an extension that was granted? And you didn't ask about using correlated plays which was also granted (which was news to at least 3 of us with positive units)? Not seeing how the opposite happened. Sorry.

What I did see is someone trying to word it nicely to try to avoid culpability and then let everyone else come to their rescue.

NO and no. I know you’re literate. I think it was already established that there was going to be an extension. It wasn’t because I asked because I didn’t get my plays in as you stated. I wasn’t even the one who brought it up. It was because we were told for a certain period of time we should avoid putting plays in. I agreed with WVU, but I think it was already understood this was going to happen. I also stated that it shouldn’t be too long otherwise it would be giving people LIKE ME an unfair advantage who didn’t have many plays up til that point. (See post 125)

And for the umpteenthtime, I did ask about them, but I didn’t advocate for being able to use them. I was trying to clarify because I had heard of some people using them and I wasn’t sure you could. I’m sorry you didn’t like the answer, but that has nothing to do with me. It certainly has nothing to do with the conspiracy or collaboration between Sharpes Square and myself. Good God. If you really think I give a shit that much about these contests you are mistaken. It’s fun and all, but I give away in contests more than I post up, so all of this is just simply stupid. In fact I think you made the very same argument on my behalf at peeps earlier this year.

And how come when a woman makes a case, it’s people coming to her rescue? Otherwise it would just simply be people agreeing with another person? No you are the only person in the history of forumville to ever not be wrong about anything, but just for once I’d like to see you acknowledge that you may have misinterpreted things or remembered things incorrectly and apologize.

This contest was restarted, the rules were modified about 8x while people were putting in plays previously which were all thrown out, people lost plays due to the PPH going down, nobody was told that the rules in the PPH login PM were the official end-all-be-all rules, and the contest has been extended. But we can't implement a rule that was already agreed upon in THIS contest. WHY?

Someone give me a good reason why all of those decisions can be made by some of the people here without any sort of vote but this one cannot and needs all of this back and forth. I'm all ears.

This contest was restarted, the rules were modified about 8x while people were putting in plays previously which were all thrown out, people lost plays due to the PPH going down, nobody was told that the rules in the PPH login PM were the official end-all-be-all rules, and the contest has been extended. But we can't implement a rule that was already agreed upon in THIS contest. WHY?

Someone give me a good reason why these decisions can be made by some of the people here but this one cannot and needs all of this back and forth. I'm all ears.

I think that is what SS is trying to accomplish. Maybe there are people in the green who have used them. I don’t know if there are or not, but that could be something he is considering and the reason he wants input. I just want everyone to be playing under the same rules. If people have used correlated plays before now let’s get it out now so everyone knows where everybody stands before making any decisions.

Monkey Why did you say I argued for an extension because I couldn’t get my plays in, and that I argued to be able to use correlated plays? Both of which are not true. I still haven’t heard an answer. I dgaf what is decided, but I want to know why you keep lying, and also about the other combination of plays I mentioned before? All I have been trying to do from start is get a confirmation...one way or the other.

Both times you were involved. Both times a decision was granted in your favor without any sort of vote. I don't know how you can't see that.

In my FAVOR????. Show me where I argued to be able to use correlated plays!!! I didn’t!!!! AT ALL! I just did not want other people to be using them and me not on same page.

As far as the extension, I didn’t ask for an extension. I agreed with WVU and I think that had already been determined. It was a no brainer. anyway!!!!!! If they contest would not have been extended then the people who did what they were told and not put it in any plays during that time would have been the ones penalized. It was the right decision. The fact that I was on the right side doesn’t mean that things were done for my benefit. It was only a question of a matter of time on how long the extension should be. You are really reaching. Something is really wrong with you. It’s like you find it literally impossible to back away from a position once you have dug in her heels. It doesn’t matter if you are right or not....or true or not.

You don't need to argue for a decision to be made in your favor.

Are you for real? How would that be my fault? Do you think that the contest should not have been extended for the days that we were not able to put in plays? Wouldn’t that have given unfair advantage to those with more plays in?

Was I able to vote on it?

Whenever you lose in an argument you go off track to an aside. I’m done with this. you haven’t answered one of my questions and won’t. SS has a lot more patience with you than I would have had.

Peace out party people.