2019 TGF Annual Baseball Contest {STANDINGS THREAD}

Sharp Square

I have taken the time to make a quick audit on the top accounts that are in the green.  Just to see how big of an impact this has had and whether or not it would have changed things. 

To date I only found 3 instances (2-1 record) where this rule or change there of would have made any difference and it was for a sum total units wise of very little.  So at least for now it has had little to no impact on this contest and its standings at least at the top. If others outside of the green side of things were using these plays the standings show that it certainly wasn't a profitable advantage for them. 

So we can agree to alter it now that way it doesn't have any impact at all moving forward. I have no problem with that as long as the majority of you want to change the rule this far into things. I am trying my best here to make find a solution we can all agree on and be okay with. 

But no 1 person regardless of whether or not he thinks he has a say in how things work here will make that decision. It will take a majority and I would like for all those at the top in the running to esp be in agreement.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have taken the time to make a quick audit on the top accounts that are in the green. Just to see how big of an impact this has had and whether or not it would have changed things.

To date I only found 3 instances (2-1 record) where this rule or change there of would have made any difference and it was for a sum total units wise of very little. So at least for now it has had little to no impact on this contest and its standings at least at the top. If others outside of the green side of things were using these plays the standings show that it certainly wasn't a profitable advantage for them.

So we can agree to alter it now that way it doesn't have any impact at all moving forward. I have no problem with that as long as the majority of you want to change the rule this far into things. I am trying my best here to make find a solution we can all agree on and be okay with.

But no 1 person regardless of whether or not he thinks he has a say in how things work here will make that decision. It will take a majority and I would like for all those at the top in the running to esp be in agreement.

Exactly. I'm the one trying to run the contest using rules outside of what was agreed upon by the players and without majority consent. Have we seen a vote for no yet? Who has actually come out in support of allowing correlated plays in the contest?

It took less than a day to make a decision to extend the contest. But this one is obviously going to need a few more days of deliberation since the consensus between players seems so split.

You already have votes in this thread. Or do you need us to vote again?

Exactly. I'm the one running the contest using rules outside of what was agreed upon by the players and without majority consent. Have we seen a vote for no yet? Who has actually come out in support of allowing correlated plays in the contest?

It took less than a day to make a decision to extend the contest. But this one is obviously going to need a few more days of deliberation since the consensus between players seems so split.

You have run your mouth long enough and the only reason why I have even paid any attention to you is because you are a part of this contest so it entitles you to such. But you have had your say and that is all.

I no longer care about your opinion and or what you have to say.  You do not and will not dictate what happens here it will be a majority which decides how to proceed and I don't give a shit whether you like it or not. 

The end! 

You have run your mouth long enough and the only reason why I have even paid any attention to you is because you are a part of this contest so it entitles you to such. But you have had your say and that is all.

I no longer care about your opinion and or what you have to say.  You do not and will not dictate what happens here it will be a majority which decides how to proceed and I don't give a shit whether you like it or not. 

The end!

Good way to say Monkey is a condescending Prick!!!

If we are voting to not allow 5 inning and game correlated plays, Im for not allowing those plays.

I don’t have the time to look back for what constitutes a correlated play - FF side and game side, FF total with the same play game total?

Yes we are voting to not allow 1st 5 sides and totals to be played along with full sides and totals for the same team in the same game in a correlated fashion. 

Okay I don't think there are all that many of the 20 entries here that still have a legit shot at this thing that would make the 6 votes we have here not a majority. Especially since its clear that we have a handful of those who just don't give a damn one way or the other. 

So starting Tomorrow (Friday June 14) the rules will include an addition that will no longer allow 1st 5 game sides or totals to be played in conjunction with full game sides and totals for the same team in the same game. No correlated plays. 

RULES: 

*200 Plays (no more no less)
*All plays are based on a ($100) bet!
*Full Game Sides/Full Game Totals/Run-Line/1st5 wagers (sides+totals) only.
*You CANNOT play both sides of the same game.
*1st 5 game sides or totals cannot be played in conjunction with full game sides and totals for the same team in the same game. No correlated plays. 
*There is no minimum or maximum # of plays per day/week.
*Each entry must make exactly 200 plays by the All Star Break set any remaining plays will count as (-$100) in the final grading. Any additional plays will be voided.
*Winners will be determined by highest account value not wins!

Hopefully this brings an end to this fun debate and every one can agree now and continue forward peacefully!  :flag

I always hope that these contest go smoothly and end without a hitch. This contest has been the opposite of that.  From the changing over to the PPH at the start to the hacking of the software to this recent rules debate it has certainly been a rougher ride than I would have liked it to be. 

To each and every one who is a part of this I just want to say that I am sorry for all of this mess and confusion. I know it may have taken some of the fun out of playing and that should never happen and for that I take responsibility. 

I will try even harder and make every effort possible to insure that this doesn't happen again contest wise. We have run so many great contest that have worked extremely well that it makes having one like this well disappointing. 

I know it’s been discussed, , but can someone clarify what we decided on first 5 sides and totals and full game....as in what can be played in combination. Can you play opposite sides, one ml and one RL? I’m guessing no....? Can we play same game FF and game? Same side/diff sides?

To make the change so far: 

Tom News

IAG :laugh  :laugh

Kinger

Monkey

Mach

Is there anyone esp in the top 10 who has an objection to this rule being changed?

my first multi quote ever. and i embedded an emoji. goddamn it was a good day.

Just waking up in the morning gotta thank God
I don't know but today seems kinda odd
No barking from the dog, no smog
And mamma cooked a breakfast with no hog (damn)

I got my grub on, but didn't pig out
Finally got a call from a girl I wanna dig out
What's up?
Hooked it up for later as I hit the do'
Thinking will I live another twenty-four

I gotta go 'cause I got me a drop-top
And if I hit the switch, I can make the ass drop
Had to stop, at a red light
Looking in my mirror and not a jacker in sight

And everything is alright
I got a beep from Kim, and she can fuck all night
Called up the homies and I'm aksing y'all
Which park are y'all playing basketball?

Get me on the court and I'm trouble
Last week fucked around and got a triple double
Freaking niggaz every way like M.J
I can't believe, today was a good day 
shit!

Hopefully this brings an end to this fun debate and every one can agree now and continue forward peacefully!  :flag

I always hope that these contest go smoothly and end without a hitch. This contest has been the opposite of that.  From the changing over to the PPH at the start to the hacking of the software to this recent rules debate it has certainly been a rougher ride than I would have liked it to be. 

To each and every one who is a part of this I just want to say that I am sorry for all of this mess and confusion. I know it may have taken some of the fun out of playing and that should never happen and for that I take responsibility. 

I will try even harder and make every effort possible to insure that this doesn't happen again contest wise. We have run so many great contest that have worked extremely well that it makes having one like this well disappointing. 

Thank you, SS.  I still don't understand why this was such a difficult process to make this rule official but I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt.  I would like to apologize to you, IAG, and Yanks for being in my crosshairs during this but the only way I could see it changing is with a fight - no matter how ugly it got.  TN has had a Hell of a good season so far and if someone is going to beat him in this contest, it shouldn't be by someone shooting angles.

Thanks for taking my shit and thanks for running the contest.

Good luck to everyone.

Thank you, SS.  I still don't understand why this was such a difficult process to make this rule official but I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt.  I would like to apologize to you, IAG, and Yanks for being in my crosshairs during this but the only way I could see it changing is with a fight - no matter how ugly it got.  TN has had a Hell of a good season so far and if someone is going to beat him in this contest, it shouldn't be by someone shooting angles.

Thanks for taking my shit and thanks for running the contest.

Good luck to everyone.

I was never against changing or adding the rule what so ever.  I just didn't want to do it without any input from those involved.  And there is no hard feelings these things happen.

The extending the end date seemed like an easy call because it was something that was altered by an incident that was beyond the control of anyone here. I did not and still do not see it as altering the contest it was simply adding days missed back to the end of it.  Which made sure the contest was not cut short because of the hack. I tried to calculate as close as possible as to not add too many days at the end in an effort to make sure it remained fair. 

This was a direct rule change/addition and for me that was a major step in altering the contest unlike the extension. So I didn't want to go off the reservation and just announce a change mid way all on my own. That seemed like it would have been simply unfair esp since my money is not at stake here. 

In every contest I have been a part of and asked to help put together I always try and make it about those playing and not about me. I am simply a contest grader and I enjoy that aspect of it. I don't mind helping to keep things in order but I always have and always will look for input from you guys before making any major decisions esp in these Post Up contest. 

Thing about Monkey is he fights for/advocates fairness.....and he's a damn stickler for such.

Gotta appreciate one's passion for attaining such, as it worked---even if a tad aggressive.

Lol

Tad Agressive?

Monkey posted a thread at Peeps calling TGF a scam site,full of rip-off artists