Harvard Leans: FIBA International Basketball 2-pack --->> 6:30 AM tip-off <<---

Guest ChrisHarvard

Guest ChrisHarvard

Gentlemen, I have 2 selections early this morning… starts in a little over 4 hours on international basketball.

The first leg will be the 6:30 AM tip of the Philippines and Croatia.

Croatia is highly regarded in this tournament as being a strong dark horse to say the least. On the other side, Philippines are scrawny, pathetic, and haven’t qualified for this event since 1974. Forgive me for being so short on this, but it's 2 in the fucking morning. Take Croatia.

Croatia -23

The second leg, the highly regarded #3 team in the tournament, France has lost several key players. The losses of these players will keep them from winning the gold or silver, nothing less. Brazil has 3 fantastic players.

The problem, all three of these players are CENTERS. Yes, they are great centers, yes they are big and strong. You know how girl’s lie say size isn’t everything?

In this case, size really isn’t everything.

Brazil has two international guards they are relying on to propel them over a depleted France team that is STILL BETTER THAN ALMOST THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT!

France +130

Guest ChrisHarvard

I swear us punters are the only ones who know a G*d damn thing about sports. Head on over to ESPN, nothing on the home page. You wouldn't even Team USA plays at 3:30 EST.

Speaking of that game, my boy Gerald Lee (in my avatar) is on the finnish team and tells me they are going to take it team USA... however, I would not touch it with a 10 foot pole. Even a less than great Team USA is better than everyone (except Spain, in Spain.)