Give it up for your winner... [Wait, Brock changes the course of history again]

KingRevolver

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't expect you to understand

Understand two statements from the same person that are contradictory?  

I understand you are all over the map with your whining.  

Jasson has been around horse racing forever and happens to disagree with your take on this.  Not only jasson but plenty of other horse racing guys in the other thread say they agree with the DQ.  Maybe someone besides me needs to go back in their own lane.. 

Understand two statements from the same person that are contradictory?  

I understand you are all over the map with your whining.  

Jasson has been around horse racing forever and happens to disagree with your take on this.  Not only jasson but plenty of other horse racing guys in the other thread say they agree with the DQ.  Maybe someone besides me needs to go back in their own lane.. 

When I make the statement there are no written rules it meant nothing black and white.....and that is true and would be confirmed by anyone who knows anything about the business. 

There are plenty including myself who are as qualified as the people you mention to have a different opinion on the outcome.

You however are not in that group....hence get back in your lane devil....

There are plenty including myself who are as qualified as the people you mention to have a different opinion on the outcome.

You however are not in that group....hence get back in your lane devil....

Ive read various opinions on different forums from several people that follow the sport closely.  Id say the majority of them are in agreement that it should have been a DQ.  Not only that, but it was obvious.  The majority of the people that disagree with the DQ lost money on the race.  Go figure.  

The difference between myself giving an opinion on this vs others that follow the sport closely, is that I readily admit my opinion is solely based on what I see with my eyes and what seems fair.  I did not know the rules, thus that's why I asked questions.  Putting together what I saw with my own eyes and what I deem as fair, seems to be the consensus among many forum horse players as far as what the correct ruling was.  

I'm sorry you lost money.  It's gambling.  We are all used to losing.  We are all used to losing in just about any way imaginable.  

You get over it and fire on the next one.  I'm sure this will be no different for you. 

Ive read various opinions on different forums from several people that follow the sport closely.  Id say the majority of them are in agreement that it should have been a DQ.  Not only that, but it was obvious.  The majority of the people that disagree with the DQ lost money on the race.  Go figure.  

The difference between myself giving an opinion on this vs others that follow the sport closely, is that I readily admit my opinion is solely based on what I see with my eyes and what seems fair.  I did not know the rules, thus that's why I asked questions.  Putting together what I saw with my own eyes and what I deem as fair, seems to be the consensus among many forum horse players as far as what the correct ruling was.  

I'm sorry you lost money.  It's gambling.  We are all used to losing.  We are all used to losing in just about any way imaginable.  

You get over it and fire on the next one.  I'm sure this will be no different for you. 

Actually I profited on the race.

The best horse lost the Derby due to 3 opinions....period

Vekoma will be used with 

Maximum Security heavily 

tossing the 5.....but like me some NBW 6.....

Actually I profited on the race.

Interesting.  Especially since before the race you never mentioned that you liked the 20, 13, or the 8.  

A lot of love for 6 and 7 though.  Neither of which hit the board.  Must have been a bunch of H2H matchup winners or something.  

Nice job winning money on a race without a horse hitting the board.  That's talented. 

Interesting.  Especially since before the race you never mentioned that you liked the 20, 13, or the 8.  

A lot of love for 6 and 7 though.  Neither of which hit the board.  Must have been a bunch of H2H matchup winners or something.  

Nice job winning money on a race without a horse hitting the board.  That's talented. 

No match ups sol....get a clue....how many you think had the 20...lol

Seems now some other forum horse guys weighing in with other views....

Also check out Baffert's comments...not that he knows much about horse racing....

One dissenting voice on the backstretch was another Hall of Famer trainer, five-time Derby winner Bob Baffert. During the race, Baffert stood in the saddling paddock, where he watched American Pharoah win the 2015 Derby and near the small room where he watched Justify win it a year ago. Baffert suggested that the Derby is just a different race from all others, and that everyday rules should not always apply. “No one ever calls an objection in the Derby,” Baffert told me Sunday afternoon, by text. “It’s always a roughly run race. Twenty-horse field. I have been wiped out numerous times, but that is the Derby. I can see by the book why they did it. But sometimes you’ve got to take your ass-kickings with dignity.”

And this: “One thing that got lost in all of this is Maximum Security is the real deal. He’s the best three-year-old in the country.”