Run Contest [Congrats Dingo...time to pay up folks]

IAG

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you do first to have both their teams finish the 13 runs win the whole prize, or will there be 2 seperate for the al and nl?

If we do with 15 people and everyone gets two teams, whichever team fills grid first wins. You just get two chances....one prize. Also I am not sure That the RYP site will randomly assign one team to each person from league

, so it might just end up being the luck of the draw.Will do it that way if I can, but you may end up getting two teams from the same league if there is no other way to do it fairly.

If we do with 15 people and everyone gets two teams, whichever team fills grid first wins. You just get two chances....one prize. Also I am not sure That the RYP site will randomly assign one team to each person from league

, so it might just end up being the luck of the draw.Will do it that way if I can, but you may end up getting two teams from the same league if there is no other way to do it fairly.

Can you make two pools, one AL and one NL? Someone having 2 AL teams and no NL has a better chance of hitting because of the DH.

Can you make two pools, one AL and one NL? Someone having 2 AL teams and no NL has a better chance of hitting because of the DH.

Well even if we could, it would cost me an extra $25 and still dk if they are set up that way. I will read the entire rule set later. I don’t know if I can edit teams or not, but we would still have to find a way to draw teams. That’s probably the easiest way we could have somebody impartial draw the teams ....but if we are going to do that, then we really don’t need RYP. just liked that for transparency, and ease-of-use. I really thought Moldy would be running this thing..I will do it but don’t want to over complicate.

Edit....I’m not going to be doing spreadsheets and all that, so final answer I will do whatever I can do within RunYourPool.com. . If anyone else wants to step up and set it up manually they can do so.

Well even if we could, it would cost me an extra $25 and still dk if they are set up that way. I will read the entire rule set later. I don’t know if I can edit teams or not, but we would still have to find a way to draw teams. That’s probably the easiest way we could have somebody impartial draw the teams ....but if we are going to do that, then we really don’t need RYP. just liked that for transparency, and ease-of-use. I really thought Moldy would be running this thing..I will do it but don’t want to over complicate.

Edit....I’m not going to be doing spreadsheets and all that, so final answer I will do whatever I can do within RunYourPool.com. . If anyone else wants to step up and set it up manually they can do so.

If for some reason it needs to be done manually to get it to fit for everyone as to teams from different leagues etc then just let me know and I'll set up a spread sheet and track the daily scores updating them on the spread sheet day to day similar to RYP.  (being just final scores its fairly easy to track once sheet is made)

If for some reason it needs to be done manually to get it to fit for everyone as to teams from different leagues etc then just let me know and I'll set up a spread sheet and track the daily scores updating them on the spread sheet day to day similar to RYP.

Thanks SS, but I know u have ur hands full with the regular mlb contest. I’m inclined to just agree with Kinger and let the chips fall where they may as far as teams.

Actually, after reading complete rules. it does look like RYP will accept manual entry of teams from an off-line draft, so I am OK with doing that as long as we find someone to pick the teams who is not playing. That way we can all have one AL and one NL team as FW suggested.