I'm done with Scratchers. DONE!

KingRevolver

I was an addict of these for a few years at this private club I belonged to.

I'm an addict right now, thursday i got off work and thought i'd make some quick cash with a few tabs since I've been running good, saw a good box and started playing, I had $850 on me, 2 hours later I'm standing at the cash machine muttering, got another $200 and was running out of time since they were closing soon, the box was now super good but i couldn't get a slip to save my life, finally hit a $200, then a 100, then another 100, then a two, then another 100, I'm pouring most of the winnings back in though chasing those last 4 two's, knowing they're gonna cut me off in a few min, I'm gripping and ripping as fast as I can in full blown pulltab fever, tabs littered all over the bar and floor, I was the only person in the place other than the bartender and a friend of hers, they were just staring me down waiting for me to quit so they could close, it was horrible, no fun at all, finally the seller cut me off and I walked out ONLY $500 down, god I hate pulltabs... gonna go out later and see if there are any good boxes.

Guest boatboatboat

They are VERY +EV for some who are good buddies with the bar tenders.

VERY +EV

SO while you meant it as a joke it can be done and quite often is

I read up a little on them and in most states they have better returns than than the stupid scratchers we all buy.

The difference being that most of the pull tab prizes max out between $500-1000. They are made in MUCH smaller lots than lottery tickets too.

For example a bar will get a set of say 5000 pull tabs. You'll know exactly how many of each prize will be in that 5000. So I can see if you were the bar owner/employee, if you knew that there were only maybe a 100 left and a large percentage of the total prize pool hasn't hit yet, you could just buy them all and lock down a nice profit.

Sounds like a fun way to degen at the bar. Wish we had them in CA. Since bars don't sell tickets here, I end up going to the local liquor store to buy my tickets in scratch in the bar while I drink.

Guest boatboatboat

Joey

The bar tenders KNOW who is a generous tipper of the win.

You will hear people say dealers choice when they buy tabs. If a jar is ripe and he likes you....... game on.

If 2 weeks ago you left him 10 bucks for a 500 winner they will bury you in a dead jar.

Happens ALL THE TIME

Joey

The bar tenders KNOW who is a generous tipper of the win.

You will hear people say dealers choice when they buy tabs. If a jar is ripe and he likes you....... game on.

If 2 weeks ago you left him 10 bucks for a 500 winner they will bury you in a dead jar.

Happens ALL THE TIME

So you get your tabs over the bar from the bartender and not a machine?

So you get your tabs over the bar from the bartender and not a machine?

Most places have a employee who just sells tabs, a little booth where the 4-8 boxes sit, it is EV if you play then right and have the discipline to wait out the losing, you have to be careful though, poachers(those who dont play until the box is positve are hated), There was an old guy around here who would just go from bar to bar buying out games, and raking in the money, he wouldn't play or even buy a drink, just sit and wait until the game is +, and then buy all the tickets, finally some rough characters followed him home and beat him up and robbed him of the 5 or 6k he had on him, HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED.