What's Barry Bonds doing these days?

D-Hustle

greatest baseball player of my generation

Without a doubt. Hoped ARod could have not fucked his career up because man was he fucking special. His Mariner #s were insane at his age.

Bonds was unreal. I always respected that no matter what was going on and when everyone hated him, home fans always loved him, unlike with ARod

Without a doubt. Hoped ARod could have not fucked his career up because man was he fucking special. His Mariner #s were insane at his age.

Bonds was unreal. I always respected that no matter what was going on and when everyone hated him, home fans always loved him, unlike with ARod

There might not have been a year, dating back to when he was 18 years old and in high school, in which A-Rod wasn't enhanced by steroids. A-Rod is a fraud - a very productive one, but a fraud. Barry I don't consider a fraud because his entire career was far from fraudulent.

There is a huge difference between Bonds and all other steroid users - at least for me.

Bonds was probably the 2nd greatest player ever to put a uniform before he ever took steroids. Barry took roids because he was tired of seeing players that weren't as good as he was, putting up numbers that tainted his so he said... "watch what I can do on these bad boys."

Mike, respect your baseball opinion but disagree with you mightily on Griffey vs Bonds.

Bonds, before he ever took steroids, had already accumulated 445 HR's in 13 seasons. He also had 8 Gold Gloves, 7 Silver Sluggers, 3 MVP's, 460 SB's.... with an OPS north of 1050. He was a 500-500 guy without any assistance. Griffey didn't have the plate discipline of Barry causing him to only have 4 seasons with an OPS north of 1000. Bonds was also arguably the greatest defensive LF'er in the history of baseball... it is left field though.

Barry took steroids, sure... but he also was so much better than everyone else taking steroids. During his 73 HR season, Barry Bonds hit more HR's than times in which he swung and missed. That's the most remarkable statistic in baseball history - regardless of juicing or not. The second most remarkable stat is that Joe Mauer and Joey Votto have hit 6 combined IFFB in the past 8 years.

I don't know. There is just something about Bonds I never liked. Even before the steroids. Don't get me wrong though. He was absolutely one of the best players ever before the steroids.

But I think Griffey would have been better if injuries didn't derail his career. His swing was a thing of beauty. Maybe my opinion is skewed because growing up I didn't see much of Bonds outside of sports center. And I watched Junior absolutely destroy the Yankees every year. Sucks that he couldn't stay healthy.

When San Fran came to Yankee stadium I was at the game bonds hit a moon shot in the right field upper deck off Ted Lilly. And then couldn't touch Rivera in the 9th.

Anyways the numbers say Bonds was better. But there was just something about Griffey. He made it look so easy and effortless.

greatest baseball player of my generation

:bulb

Hall of Famer and was the best player in the game before the ROIDS. The ROIDS just made him stupid good. BaRRoid was the SHIT. Just for shits and I love cock I like to look up his career numbers

by year every once in a while. Those ROID years were unreal. Surpassed VIDEO game numbers. It was ridiculous. Good OL' BaRRoid hit .370 at age 37:laugh with 46 dingers:laugh

At age 39 he hit .362:laugh 45 and 101:laughwith an OPS of 1.422:laugh

He would get 5 pitches a week to hit in the ROID years, and would hit 3 homers:laugh

He also is now back to his Pirates weight. Dropped all the ROID weight. Head back to normal. Promise us one thing Barr. Promise us you'll never ever consider changing BIG GUY:laugh