What Was The Biggest Fish You Ever Caught?

Dark Raver Camper

Stepdad was a charter grouper fishing guide off Panama City for two years in his 20’s.

Personally I much prefer fishing the flats for trout. No need for me to drive an hour by boat to catch a fish that’s hiding in a rock. I’d rather see land, see a tail fin, use some finesse.

Don’t fish anymore though. I do miss it but it’s all about who you’re with and if you’ve got time for 99% of us

...and I’ve got less of both.

When I was 12 my brother and I caught about 50 fish in about 10 minutes. Most of them were caught with only a hook with no bait. Those fish were starving. We took a bunch of them home in buckets and filled a kiddie pool with them. The cat had a field day for couple days. We felt bad and dumped the rest back in the lake

My stepdad used to have a framed photo in his office of his 33-foot cigar boat literally filled with grouper from a trip with some friends. Wish I still had it. They were all standing on the rails in the picture because there were grouper stacked on top of each other on every square inch of the floor. Had to be like 6,000 pounds worth of fish. Pretty sure it was when he quit charter guiding and he essentially “cashed in” all his holes

Wow for real, Ese??

The mexers around here love fishing. They catch and eat all the nasty fish in the bay.

I enjoy fishing on occasion. But haven’t been in a few years.

Easily the biggest I’ve ever “caught “ I use quotes as I had a lot of help, was a MARLIN off the coast of Baja when I was maybe 15.

Forgot the exact weight but it was pretty damn big.