What was up with that burrito,Kinger?

housepicks

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine how bad Mexican food would be in the Midwest.  

why would it be any different?  there are plenty of mexicans here, and access to the same mediocre meat/veggies that they would use in the desert.

chicago has 4 of the best mexican restaurants in the country

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/the-best-mexican-restaurants-in-america

Certain areas of the country do certain foods better than others.  For obvious reasons. This is indisputable. 

Go try and find a good/authentic Mexican restaurant in Buffalo, NY.  Ive tried.  

Good luck.  

what is so obvious?  there is access to much fresher meat/cheese/lettuce here in the midwest than there is in the desert.

do you really think the better mexican chefs just all stopped in texas/arizona  :laugh

buffalo new york is not in the midwest, and that city is a total dump

do you really think the better mexican chefs just all stopped in texas/arizona  :laugh

Mexican chefs.   :laugh

The best Mexican restaurants here have been family owned and operated for generations.  

Mexican chefs.   :laugh

Let me give you a hint if you ever come down this way and want to try authentic Sonoran food, Michael.  If you go into the joint, look at a menu, and they want to charge you more than $20 for a meal?  Pass on it.  Most likely it's overpriced Tex/Mex type garbage.  

And lastly, comparing many of these types of restaurants to where Houser was eating his burrito is apples and oranges.

That would be like comparing the best hole in the wall pizza place in Milwaukee to a five star Italian restaurant.  Both Italian food.  Different genres/categories.  

I think I'm in the mood for some authentic Creole cuisine.  

I think I'll take a trip over to San Diego and see what I can find.

- Miller Mike

:laugh

i think food with fresher ingredients would be completely horrible, i can't imagine anywhere other than the southwest being able to make a fucking taco, it's rocket science!

-disabler

i guess my point is that this country is a melting pot, there are great restaurants of all types in almost every major area

Sure there is.  There are exceptions to almost everything.

My point was in places like PHX and SD you can find a good hole in the wall place for Mexican food at almost any city block.  In places like Chicago I'm sure it's tough to come by a good one.  I haven't tried in Chicago, but Ive tried in many other parts of the country.  And almost every time Ive tried highly rated places the food sucks in comparison.  

If those places get good ratings, it's from people that just don't know any better.  Plenty of people give Red Lobster great ratings.  But I bet most of those people never tried a good seafood restaurant in New England.  They just don't know better. 

Sure there is.  There are exceptions to almost everything.

My point was in places like PHX and SD you can find a good hole in the wall place for Mexican food at almost any city block.  In places like Chicago I'm sure it's tough to come by a good one.  I haven't tried in Chicago, but Ive tried in many other parts of the country.  And almost every time Ive tried highly rated places the food sucks in comparison.  

If those places get good ratings, it's from people that just don't know any better.  Plenty of people give Red Lobster great ratings.  But I bet most of those people never tried a good seafood restaurant in New England.  They just don't know better. 

yeah there might be 10 choices for decent mexican hole in the walls in milwaukee, 20 in chicago but 50 or 100 in phoenix.

but why do you need 100 choices?  all you need is something better than kinger's or houser's burrito, and LITERALLY ANYTHING ANYWHERE would be better than those nasty ass pictures  :laugh