I'm a happy man

mikeman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost so much because of scammers like you.

Jesus, do you think I went up there and threw ice at it? 3 roofers and the adjuster all agreed I had hail damage, actually the adjuster paid for more than I thought he would(several windows).

Are you jealous or something, where do you live, dont you ever get storms?

Finally got the estimate from the adjuster, the total is almost $13K with the roof part being about $9400, they deduct the deductible($2500) and some dedpreciation which I can get back when the work is finished. So, I'm getting $8K right now.

By my estimate I should be able to just about break even when all is said and done. :cigar

That’s why insurance costs 4K a year now. All these free roofs and replaced siding after every storm. When I first moved into this house a years worth of insurance cost 1300.

That’s why insurance costs 4K a year now. All these free roofs and replaced siding after every storm. When I first moved into this house a years worth of insurance cost 1300.

My ins costs $1300 for next year, just got the renewal. It's a catch 22 IMO, the ins co's rape you on the rates, why should you let anything slide? Obviously from their perspective the ins co's think the same thing about raising the rates.

How big was the hail that caused damage?

I need a new roof in next yr or 2, so hoping for some quarter sized hail to come through.

Had a storm about 4 yrs ago and had AllAtate - adjuster came out and said no damage, I was like WTF, it was hailing golf balls and no damage? I switched to Geico.

Quarter size, most was smaller though, reading up on it they say quarter size hail WILL cause damage, smaller marble size hail may if it's intense enough.

After the storm here there were guys swarming the streets looking for business, they all subscribe to services that report hail down to the neighborhood so they can get out there right away. Next time I would get the roofing guys up there first, then call the ins co, let them fight it out.

Well, I finally picked a roofer, the original guy I was going to go with was trying to screw the ins co more than I was comfortable with(I know they all do a little), his quote was $10600, about $1300 more than the ins est., I picked one who is charging about $8700 and seemed more reasonable with the details, hopefully I'll get it done in a couple or 3 weeks.

Jesus, do you think I went up there and threw ice at it? 3 roofers and the adjuster all agreed I had hail damage, actually the adjuster paid for more than I thought he would(several windows).

Are you jealous or something, where do you live, dont you ever get storms?

I could have done the insurance thing on my first house and didn’t. I’m an honest white American.

How old is your roof.

20 years.

You needed a new roof. Hail storm or not. Yours is done.

If I was your insurance adjuster all I would give you was the pen I used to write down go fuck yourself on your request.

My roof had some life left in it, the hail was like manna from heaven. :cigar

Everyday when I'm outside I hear rapid nailing from someone nearby getting a roof.

They also gave me money for damage to the gutters and window sashes, they're prob 38 years old(the age of the house).