I am fucking sick of the liberal term, "Privileged"

WVU

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bat shit crazy introvert with no social skills or friends probably a little different than what you are thinking wvu.

I don't know one person in real life that would share your opinion.

I keep as many people as I need am extremely polite to those I interact with in business or in passing and I just disregard your kind.

Never a harsh word to anyone and most certainly folk ain't exactly lining up to get in my face.

I do spend a lot of time alone but working on a project or working out.

Peaceful existence.

Small people dismiss an article without even opening it because they don't identify with the source.

Tiny people go on to ridicule that which they have dismissed.

They haven't the strength or intelligence to digest so they herd together and make loud noises until it passes.

Sinker is silent and solitary.  No need for the herd or the din.

totally agree with this

i disagreed with the article though, read it and thought it was the musings of another person that doesn't deal with poor people on a regular basis, telling us how great they are and playing the race card by lumping all blacks as poor and all poor people as blacks

reminds me of werner herzog from "grizzly man" who for years told everyone how great grizzly bears were, then he got eaten by one... or more recently hodan nalayeh who told us all how great somalians were and then got killed in somalia

reminds me of werner herzog from "grizzly man" who for years told everyone how great grizzly bears were, then he got eaten by one... or more recently hodan nalayeh who told us all how great somalians were and then got killed in somalia

LOL. Werner Herzog was the documentary director. The guy that got eaten by a bear stated repeatedly: If you come out here and try to do this, you will die!! He just didn't care.

totally agree with this

i disagreed with the article though, read it and thought it was the musings of another person that doesn't deal with poor people on a regular basis, telling us how great they are and playing the race card by lumping all blacks as poor and all poor people as blacks

Same here.

I’ve read a couple of other related articles and came away with the same opinion as this. Maybe I’m just missing it but I don’t think so. Successful people don’t let “white privilege” stop them. I feel it’s the lazy way to justify failure in many instances. Those people are the marketable ones that will go far.

totally agree with this

That's OK that you disagree.

You did not dismiss, read it and formulated an opinion.

If everyone in the world did the same, the problem would be an easy fix. You at least have an understanding.

That is all that is really required to find common ground anywhere.

Same here.

I’ve read a couple of other related articles and came away with the same opinion as this. Maybe I’m just missing it but I don’t think so. Successful people don’t let “white privilege” stop them. I feel it’s the lazy way to justify failure in many instances. Those people are the marketable ones that will go far.

Again, I would not completely disagree.

You have at very least acknowledged the issue.

It's a great starting point.

I find it curious that it’s mainly white people making accusations over white privilege. It also seems to be a less offensive way of claiming racism. 30-40 years ago, I would agree with it more.

You are quite the observant fellow. Minorities do not go around talking about white privilege because it is too obvious to point out. They have bigger battles to fight than trying to convince whites they are racist. 

You are quite the observant fellow. Minorities do not go around talking about white privilege because it is too obvious to point out. They have bigger battles to fight than trying to convince whites they are racist. 

a lot of those battles being waged indoors watching tv and smoking pot

all this nonsense about white privilege and racism is about keeping the "have nots" mentally battling each other instead of the real enemies keeping all of us enslaved

all this nonsense about white privilege and racism is about keeping the "have nots" mentally battling each other instead of the real enemies keeping all of us enslaved

The people waging the battles are not indoors and smoking pot. They are scaring the shit out of people.

White privilege is about making other white acknowledge their own advantage. As i have said, it is a waste of time. Most people talking white privilege are doing it because they aren't doing anything else and voting for Hillary.

I find it curious that it’s mainly white people making accusations over white privilege. It also seems to be a less offensive way of claiming racism. 30-40 years ago, I would agree with it more.

Unfortunately instead of spending energy on denial (red) or even worse, politicizing the issue (blue) everyone should follow you and Miller's lead and just make a legitimate attempt to look at it. First through your own vision and then through a more liberal lens.

If you pick five bulletpoint takeaways supporting your position and at least two from the looser platform (almost no argument offers nothing), you are 3/4 of the way there.

The discussion then becomes the easy part.

It's always been the Sinker way. Barring human frailty,  the obstinate and the self made stooooopid of course.

You're wrong here.

The have nots are not battling anyone at all. They've just given up. Keep in mind that Gang members are not at all have nots, they are predators capitalizing on the lack of will displayed by their neighbors. Predators don't care about privilege, they just take what they want

If every able bodied honest black man and women regained their will, with or without assistance, the entire problem of privilege and predators would be gone very, very quickly.

You're wrong here.

The have nots are not battling anyone at all. They've just given up. Keep in mind that Gang members are not at all have nots, they are predators capitalizing on the lack of will displayed by their neighbors. Predators don't care about privilege, they just take what they want

lIf every able bodied honest black man and women regained their will, with or without assistance, the entire problem of privilege and predators would be gone very, very quickly.

and why did they give up?  for the most part people are poor because they are lazy and/or stupid, not because of their skin color and/or some unseen hand holding them down

Willpower can be sparked by better services, better roads, an new streetlight, a library, a water park for the kids.......anything to show these folks that we believe in them. Give them a bus route that goes down their street and GPS the route so it shows the driver stopping at all stops. Clean up they area and re purpose a community garden, a ball diamond, new glass and chains at the court.

These things are badly lacking in the inner city.

Not the suburbs.

There is unlimited opportunity in the USA I'd you are willing to work.

Look at what the central Americans will ensure for the chance to work in USA.

The Mexicans popped up out of holes in the ground with a language barrier to boot.

They have more spending power and their kids test better in school.

They’ve gotten further in 30 years than blacks have in 300.

Willpower can be sparked by better services, better roads, an new streetlight, a library, a water park for the kids.......anything to show these folks that we believe in them. Give them a bus route that goes down their street and GPS the route so it shows the driver stopping at all stops. Clean up they area and re purpose a community garden, a ball diamond, new glass and chains at the court.

These things are badly lacking in the inner city.

Not the suburbs.

i agree... but all of these things have been tried in every city in the country, and none of them get maintained because inner city people destroy way more than they fix