Church Check-In

rdalert447

If there were a god France would have been nuked. Rudest fucks on earth!! Border control lady serious tried to make me miss on flight on purpose. Fucking c u n t. Barely got allowed on and drenched in sweat. Fuck this pos country and all their people

I’ve been to France a few times and always disliked it. People stink, are all rude, and their food is overrated. Whoreshit country. Avoid.

(Though to be fair most of Italy stinks and the people are kinda rude to Americans too )

I must have been lucky. Having been there maybe 4-5 times, I haven't found them to be super rude. Service can be indifferent quite often, but I haven't been treated rudely. 

Some of the French women are amazing!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to USC -ND Saturday Night is a religious experience.

Someone I worked with about fifteen years ago described the experience. She, her husband, and both of her daughters are alumni. The older daughter did Harvard Law. She worked on the 2004 Kerry campaign, and I helped one day as a technology consultant.

This is a link to her and her husband (warning to some racists and bigots: Interracial. Ahhhhhhh!) https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/fashion/weddings/tona-boyd-and-steven-cartwright.html

Anyway, The mom spent about five minutes telling me all about the routine. Morning mass, breakfast, statues, parades, and all of this brainwashed, cultish shit. It was interesting.

What’s dumb about this.. nothing in the New Testament would back this up. In fact this practice goes against gospel.

Yet the Catholic church makes it up and the sheep follow. Unreal.

Right. I don’t think money even plays into it in Catholicism does it? It’s just a desire to repent/ask for forgiveness. I thought the only difference in that regard, was that Catholics require confession to a priest (weird imo.) I don’t need an intermediary.

Right. I don’t think money even plays into it in Catholicism does it?

It's called an "indulgence".  You basically do an act or give something up to the church to have your sins forgiven or your after-life punishments reduced. 

I would imagine it's somewhat rare these days.  But at one time, the Catholic Church would accept money as payment.  

It's called an "indulgence".  You basically do an act or give something up to the church to have your sins forgiven or your after-life punishments reduced. 

I would imagine it's somewhat rare these days.  But at one time, the Catholic Church would accept money as payment.

Wow. Have never heard of that. Being raised a Protestant (American Baptist) and then attending a Lutheran college, never was exposed to that concept. Yeah, totally contradictory to scripture...unless it’s in one of those added Catholic books.

Wow. Have never heard of that. Being raised a Protestant (American Baptist) and then attending a Lutheran college, never was exposed to that concept. Yeah, totally contradictory to scripture...unless it’s in one of those added Catholic books.

I probably never would have heard of it either. But I took a “Renaissance and Reformation” class in college. It was one of Martin Luther’s key arguments for the reformation of the Catholic Church in a period of time that basically started Protestantism. He called out their corruption and started the movement.

I probably never would have heard of it either. But I took a “Renaissance and Reformation” class in college. It was one of Martin Luther’s key arguments for the reformation of the Catholic Church in a period of time that basically started Protestantism. He called out their corruption and started the movement.

Interesting. May have to read up on that if I ever finish my taxes and develop the patience and attention span to read a book again.....OR I could just google some articles I imagine.

Someone I worked with about fifteen years ago described the experience. She, her husband, and both of her daughters are alumni. The older daughter did Harvard Law. She worked on the 2004 Kerry campaign, and I helped one day as a technology consultant.

This is a link to her and her husband (warning to some racists and bigots: Interracial. Ahhhhhhh!) https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/fashion/weddings/tona-boyd-and-steven-cartwright.html

Anyway, The mom spent about five minutes telling me all about the routine. Morning mass, breakfast, statues, parades, and all of this brainwashed, cultish shit. It was interesting.

Usually the alumni and some of the fans from the other team do that.  I don't stray far from Danny Boy's Brewery across the street.  The area around the library (touchdown jesus) is a must see.  The USC game is the best atmosphere, they bring 8-10K fans and the full band with cheerleaders.