Official Dem Nominee Thread (NO POLITICS - JUST BETTING TALK)

tailsyoulose

Lets see if we can keep this thread politics free, and talk about BETTING, not other dumb shit.

Hopefully there are some who can discuss this without turning it into a AIDS-infested shit show, and requiring it to be merged to the slop-bucket, shit burning 'politics' thread. Probably not, but whatever.

My bets so far: I've been long on mayor Pete for since February (at everything from 20-1 down to 6-1), but now I'm piling on Deval Patrick at 100-1, even took some as low as 50-1 yesterday. He missed the Alabama and Arkansas filing deadlines, but being small states, he shouldn't have too much to worry about there. I'm much more concerned about his not being in the debates due to the poll requirements though - that's the big thing he's got working against him.

This guy is experienced, black, reasonably woke, and an an unapologetic centrist/capitalist. He fills the exact middle ground of 'younger than Biden (and not senile) and older than Mayor Pete', competing for the centrist lane in the party, which is much, much larger than most people think. His time at Bain Capital is not an issue for most primary voters - with an economy this good, Warren and Sanders really don't have as much leverage as they think there - people are happy with the status quo on economic issues, and won't punish him for an openly centrist stance. Additionally, Obama is great friends with him, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him throw Deval a bone to boost his candidacy.

Seems to be plenty of liquidity on Betfair in this market - I will be grabbing more this week, up to half a mil. Worth a small bet anyway, if you can grab it at 80 or 100-1.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Patrick got in early, he would have been formidable.   At this time, with little money(unlike Bloomberg), little name recognition(unlike Bloomberg), and not being able to be in the debates(like Bloomberg), I see no lane for him.   To think Obama is going to endorse anyone before the candidate is chosen is misguided.   

The Centrist lane, while probably being where most D's are, is not where the energy is, and energy wins caucuses and primaries.  I guess there's a scenario where no candidate has the numbers by convention time, and he emerges as a compromise choice, but the reality is open conventions just don't happen anymore.  There are worse bets then him at 100-1 for sure though, like Hillary at any number.  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/politics/deval-patrick-michael-bloomberg-2020.html

If Patrick got in early, he would have been formidable.   At this time, with little money(unlike Bloomberg), little name recognition(unlike Bloomberg), and not being able to be in the debates(like Bloomberg), I see no lane for him.   To think Obama is going to endorse anyone before the candidate is chosen is misguided.   

The Centrist lane, while probably being where most D's are, is not where the energy is, and energy wins caucuses and primaries.  I guess there's a scenario where no candidate has the numbers by convention time, and he emerges as a compromise choice, but the reality is open conventions just don't happen anymore.  There are worse bets then him at 100-1 for sure though, like Hillary at any number.  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/politics/deval-patrick-michael-bloomberg-2020.html

I agree, Hillary basically like betting a superbowl prop of: OT - yes +200. Doesn't get any more square than that.

I don't think there will be any official endorsement from Obama, but all he would need to do is mention his name or appear in a photo op - that alone pulls a shitload of weight. 

And yes, not being in the debate is gonna be a major hurdle - him declaring a few months ago would have been much more ideal for him. But that's part of why his price is so good.

I agree, Hillary basically like betting a superbowl prop of: OT - yes +200. Doesn't get any more square than that.

I don't think there will be any official endorsement from Obama, but all he would need to do is mention his name or appear in a photo op - that alone pulls a shitload of weight. 

And yes, not being in the debate is gonna be a major hurdle - him declaring a few months ago would have been much more ideal for him. But that's part of why his price is so good.

What's his path to the nomination without debates, money, and much name recognition?   Anything but a brokered convention?    

What's his path to the nomination without debates and much name recognition?   Anything but a brokered convention?    

well, the media will give him a pretty decent amount of coverage from here out.

in addition, the guy will have a LOCK on big money wall street donations. money will NOT be a problem for deval.

in the coming six weeks or so, i see him gaining a slow and steady increase in polling numbers - mainly, biden will bleed support to him, with a lot of remaining harris/booker voters jumping on the train as well. basically every time uncle joe appears in public he seems to lose another body part, or his eyeball explodes, or he wanders off the edge of the stage like a dementia patient, or he fuckin sniffs some woman's hair or something.

if the black contingent starts to see patrick as a viable, obama 2.0 candidate, the support will snowball very quickly. he will start polling double digits and the rest is history.

well, the media will give him a pretty decent amount of coverage from here out.

in addition, the guy will have a LOCK on big money wall street donations. money will NOT be a problem for deval.

in the coming six weeks or so, i see him gaining a slow and steady increase in polling numbers - mainly, biden will bleed support to him, with a lot of remaining harris/booker voters jumping on the train as well. basically every time uncle joe appears in public he seems to lose another body part, or his eyeball explodes, or he wanders off the edge of the stage like a dementia patient, or he fuckin sniffs some woman's hair or something.

if the black contingent starts to see patrick as a viable, obama 2.0 candidate, the support will snowball very quickly. he will start polling double digits and the rest is history.

Good luck.  I think Bloomy gets the Wall St money before him, but Bloomy won't get the Black support.  He will definitely be lower than 100-1, or even 50-1, so you'll probably be able to make money just by betting no side, and have a nice bet on him for free.   

I've been telling everyone since Spring to get on Mayor Pete - he's no flash in the pan lightweight like Beto. 

Carrying a big chunk of equity on him at the moment, but will not be buying more at this time - he's shorter odds than Biden at the moment on Betfair, and only trails Warren by a small margin in the odds now.

New Iowa poll absolutely blows it out of the water. As I've said over and over, the journo class is the Dem kingmaker. This is the base that I expect Deval to start eating into over the next few weeks/months. 

8AUwDs8.png

small post-debate bump for pete. tulsi tried to call him out on him wanting to send troops to mexico, but her anti-war platform is aids and no one gives a fuck about it. whether or not shes right dont matter - that round goes to pete.

embarrassed to say i actually watched this debate. very, very boring. main takeaway for me is how weak of a candidate warren really is - shes only leading because journos are constantly propping her up. i predict she will start declining slowly over the coming weeks, trading at around 15-20%. still very much a wide open field. 

also, LOL at these bloomberg, clinton, yang odds. i have a better chance of being president next year than yang.

6cZ1lwc.png

Why exactly should I care who some scrub dem candidate is?

Don’t want to shit up this thread so don’t bother responding.

Listen dumbass, in the first post starting the thread, tailyoulose brought him up, in fact he was the first candidate he brought up.  i agree you should stop shitting up the thread.