Kobe?

bookbraker

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crashed 1 mile from my grandmothers house in the canyons....Santa Ana winds would be my guess, RIP

No, not Santa Anna winds. Calabasas is nowhere near the Santa Anna mountains. 

At any rate, helicopters handle turbulence much better than fixed wing aircraft.

There are reports of low vis and cloud in the area, fog. There is not usually fog with wind except in the case of wind blowing from offshore onto cooler land. 

It appears there might be a wreckage trail behind where the main wreckage is, so controlled flight into terrain, breaking apart before it came to a stop.  Or some mechanical issue. Doesn't take much before a helicopter won't fly.

If I was ever in a copter going down, I’d slide the door open and jump out at the last second. What’s the worse that happens assuming it doesn’t land on you. Couple broken legs? Better than a dirt nap for the rest of eternity. I wonder why he didn’t grab his daughter and jump out. It’s not like it’s a plane where it’s a whole situation to get the door open. Slide the door and jump out. It seems like it would be easy.

If I was ever in a copter going down, I’d slide the door open and jump out at the last second. What’s the worse that happens assuming it doesn’t land on you. Couple broken legs? Better than a dirt nap for the rest of eternity. I wonder why he didn’t grab his daughter and jump out.

Is this like the just jump before the elevator crashes into the basement theory?

You realize that as a passenger you're traveling at the same speed as the aircraft. Right?

Is this like the just jump before the elevator crashes into the basement theory?

You realize that as a passenger you're traveling at the same speed as the aircraft. Right?

So you’re telling me, 20 feet off the ground he jumps out and still dies without the helicopter landing on him? No fucking way. He’d be severely injured but wouldn’t die. He died because the chopper caught fire and he burned up. Plus inside the chopper you’re crushed from everything around you. He breaks both legs.