Eastern Conference: Cavs or Field?

KingRevolver

http://i57.tinypic.com/jrp2lt.jpg

NBA is such a joke. This piece of shit team would be 5th in the West. Aside from their easier trip to the conference finals, I'm sure the refs will help them out along the way. LeBrick good for business.

great odds on Cleveland, btw. I see them at -200 to win the East on other sites

The NBA market is set by very sharp people.

Golden State is 1st in defense, and 2nd in offense across every valuation one could find.

They 20% of the best starting 4 units in the top 50. They get easy buckets - despite what people say - and they are arguably the greatest perimeter shooting team in NBA history.

If the Cavs were in the West... for starters, they would be probably around 42-30 - their early season struggles would have been that much worse; they are 17-12 against the West - which would be good for 7th in the conference. If you want to give them one more win, fine, so they are 43-29. Still in 7th place behind Dallas.

That would mean they have to win 3 road series in a row just to get to the Finals - in the West, which is about as tough as a conference has ever been. There's no chance any bookmaker on the planet would have them, in that scenario, as the favorite out West. If you want to say they pass Dallas, fine. San Antonio? I would doubt that but fine. Still they are 6th seed, and playing 3 road series.

The Cavs are not the favorite to win the title if they are in the West in my opinion, based on the above.