OT: Balco's boyfriend, Ted Cruz, is running for President but he was born in Canada

KingRevolver

You libatards are desperate here as you know Cruz is a real threat to the progressives. Let the bashing start. Nothing new here when the lefties start to worry. Who is your candidate Kinger? Your best hope is Elizabeth Warren who is the only one on the left that speaks the truth. Cruz vs Warren matchup would be good. Debunk the GOP! Their all cowards and don't stand for true principles.

He is some information is clear the fog on Cruz.

The scholarly consensus about Cruz is that he’s most likely eligible to run for the office of President and serve in the White House for several reasons.

Sarah Helene Duggin from Catholic University, who is an expert on this topic, wrote at length for us about a potential Cruz candidacy back in October 2013, and she explained why scholars believe Cruz is eligible.

Duggin said that the “consensus rests on firm foundations†based on the intent of the naturalization clause, as stated in a letter in 1787 from John Jay to George Washington; the language of the 1790 Naturalization Act; and the 14-year residency requirement in the Constitution’s Article II.

So why is there even a debate about a Cruz candidacy? Two significant factors that allow for some doubt are the facts that constitutional convention didn’t discuss the exact meaning of the words “natural born citizen†and the Supreme Court has never ruled on that issue.

“For Senator Cruz—who was born in Calgary, Alberta, to an American mother and a Cuban father—the question is more complicated,†Duggin said back in October 2013. “There is a strong argument that anyone who acquires United States citizenship at birth, whether by virtue of the 14th Amendment or by operation of federal statute, qualifies as natural born. The Supreme Court, however, has never ruled on the meaning of the natural-born citizenship requirement. In the absence of a definitive Supreme Court ruling—or a constitutional amendment—the parameters of the clause remain uncertain.â€

Cruz isn’t the first person to run for President who wasn’t born in the United States. In 2008, John McCain faced questions since he was born in the Panama Canal Zone. And Mitt Romney’s father, George Romney, was born in Mexico, and he faced questions during his 1968 presidential campaign.

In February, Cruz again addressed questions about his qualifications for office at the CPAC political meetings.

“I was born in Calgary. My mother was an American citizen by birth,†Cruz said. “Under federal law, that made me an American citizen by birth. The Constitution requires that you be a natural-born citizen.â€

Two prominent legal authorities, Neal Katyal and Paul Clement, said in a Harvard Law Review article that “there is no question that Senator Cruz has been a citizen from birth and is thus a ‘natural born Citizen’ within the meaning of the Constitution.â€

“As Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen†in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth,†they added. “Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.â€

In the long run, the debate would be settled by a constitutional change.

“The best solution would be to amend the Constitution, as many legislators on both sides of the aisle have proposed over the years. In the absence of an amendment, the clause should be narrowly interpreted,†Duggin said back in 2013.

You libatards are desperate here as you know Cruz is a real threat to the progressives. Let the bashing start. Nothing new here when the lefties start to worry. Who is your candidate Kinger? Your best hope is Elizabeth Warren who is the only one on the left that speaks the truth. Cruz vs Warren matchup would be good. Debunk the GOP! Their all cowards and don't stand for true principles.

He is some information is clear the fog on Cruz.

The scholarly consensus about Cruz is that he’s most likely eligible to run for the office of President and serve in the White House for several reasons.

Sarah Helene Duggin from Catholic University, who is an expert on this topic, wrote at length for us about a potential Cruz candidacy back in October 2013, and she explained why scholars believe Cruz is eligible.

Duggin said that the “consensus rests on firm foundations†based on the intent of the naturalization clause, as stated in a letter in 1787 from John Jay to George Washington; the language of the 1790 Naturalization Act; and the 14-year residency requirement in the Constitution’s Article II.

So why is there even a debate about a Cruz candidacy? Two significant factors that allow for some doubt are the facts that constitutional convention didn’t discuss the exact meaning of the words “natural born citizen†and the Supreme Court has never ruled on that issue.

“For Senator Cruz—who was born in Calgary, Alberta, to an American mother and a Cuban father—the question is more complicated,†Duggin said back in October 2013. “There is a strong argument that anyone who acquires United States citizenship at birth, whether by virtue of the 14th Amendment or by operation of federal statute, qualifies as natural born. The Supreme Court, however, has never ruled on the meaning of the natural-born citizenship requirement. In the absence of a definitive Supreme Court ruling—or a constitutional amendment—the parameters of the clause remain uncertain.â€

Cruz isn’t the first person to run for President who wasn’t born in the United States. In 2008, John McCain faced questions since he was born in the Panama Canal Zone. And Mitt Romney’s father, George Romney, was born in Mexico, and he faced questions during his 1968 presidential campaign.

In February, Cruz again addressed questions about his qualifications for office at the CPAC political meetings.

“I was born in Calgary. My mother was an American citizen by birth,†Cruz said. “Under federal law, that made me an American citizen by birth. The Constitution requires that you be a natural-born citizen.â€

Two prominent legal authorities, Neal Katyal and Paul Clement, said in a Harvard Law Review article that “there is no question that Senator Cruz has been a citizen from birth and is thus a ‘natural born Citizen’ within the meaning of the Constitution.â€

“As Congress has recognized since the Founding, a person born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent is generally a U.S. citizen from birth with no need for naturalization. And the phrase “natural born Citizen†in the Constitution encompasses all such citizens from birth,†they added. “Thus, an individual born to a U.S. citizen parent — whether in California or Canada or the Canal Zone — is a U.S. citizen from birth and is fully eligible to serve as President if the people so choose.â€

In the long run, the debate would be settled by a constitutional change.

“The best solution would be to amend the Constitution, as many legislators on both sides of the aisle have proposed over the years. In the absence of an amendment, the clause should be narrowly interpreted,†Duggin said back in 2013.

Its a fukkin shame that the voting public is far from scholarly and do not give one fukk for scholarly opinion or that of "prominent legal authority.

Guy has zero shot. His Eskimo status will dog him throughout.

Unfortunate.

Yeah, because guys who announce their run for president at a fundamental christian university have done so well......:laugh

Cruz would have been better off just saying, "Listen, I know I have zero shot at this thing, but what the hell, let me spend a shit load of other people's money who are dumb enough to think I have any chance..."

You clones don't love your country and definitely not patriots. You low information voters need to stick to your gambling talk and stay away from politics. You only believe what you here by drive by's and lame stream media. Why the hate for someone who wants to improve our country and bring back what Obama destroyed. 90% of you here would vote Obama again. If he could run for a third term.

Why are gamblers on forums majority liberal? Never understood that. Obamacare, Obamanet, $15 an hour min wage, deal with Iran, hate Isreal, OK with Obama to be buddies with Muslim of Brotherhood, free illegals from jail, and open borders. Plus massive gov spending on useless BS. This is only a small slice of the pie. Add Hilary to the finishing touches on the destruction of America. Just wait until ISIS runs wild here. Bet you didn't know Obama put 75k Muslims in 7 different States. We will never know why, but sure sounds strange.

I can't reason with you tards. Killing me here. You will never get the truth from progressive news. You know Hilary is a pathological liar. Elizabeth Warren at least is truthful even if I would never vote for her, but definitively better then another Clinton.

You clones don't love your country and definitely not patriots. You low information voters need to stick to your gambling talk and stay away from politics. You only believe what you here by drive by's and lame stream media. Why the hate for someone who wants to improve our country and bring back what Obama destroyed. 90% of you here would vote Obama again. If he could run for a third term.

Why are gamblers on forums majority liberal? Never understood that. Obamacare, Obamanet, $15 an hour min wage, deal with Iran, hate Isreal, OK with Obama to be buddies with Muslim of Brotherhood, free illegals from jail, and open borders. Plus massive gov spending on useless BS. This is only a small slice of the pie. Add Hilary to the finishing touches on the destruction of America. Just wait until ISIS runs wild here. Bet you didn't know Obama put 75k Muslims in 7 different States. We will never know why, but sure sounds strange.

I can't reason with you tards. Killing me here. You will never get the truth from progressive news. You know Hilary is a pathological liar. Elizabeth Warren at least is truthful even if I would never vote for her, but definitively better then another Clinton.

Some people have more than a few brain cells.

Who exactly is the GOP constituency? They hate students' date=' the poor, minorities, women & the elderly. That leaves angry, fat, old white guys. The average age viewer of Fox "News" is 68. Good luck with that.[/quote']

Most of their voters are poor. Fox news was started entirely to try and trick dumb poor whites into voting republican because they fear minorities. There is no way for the current republican party to win based solely on their main issue of tax cuts/entitlements to the super wealthy. So they trick dumb idiots into voting for them and against their interests.

Not that the democats are much better, they should just shut the whole thing down.

Guest boatboatboat

Did you know Obama is helping them build a Mosque at Ground Zero?

New York City Buildings Department demolition permits No. 121955946 and No. 121955134 have been issued and it is to be torn down.