Healthcare for all (non politics as much as possible)

drnkyourmlkshk1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing bookmakers care about is balancing risk, nothing more and nothing less.

You on the other hand care alot about what strangers on the internet think of you, therefore you try to burnish your reputation with long-winded diatribes and numerical sleight of hand to fool the rubes. I on the other hand don't care what you or anyone else thinks, thus I am free to publish the truth as I see it.

Desperate people paying desperate sums for readily available information IS the tout game.

You are on a gambling forum.. I don't believe you even gamble after the first sentence of what you just said. This isn't 1999 anymore Jimmy.

Since there is very little gambling talk and my Twitter feed is ridiculously biased god bless my followers I couldn't think of where to ask this that was better than here.

First let me state this is not a Bernie or Trump nor is it blue vs red or commie vs capitalist discussion. I know that is what will likely make this thread useless after 10 posts at best but let's give it a shot.

I am a self employed man who makes claims around 85k a year that I pay taxes on quarterly as a independent contractor.

I have a pre existing condition. 82 million americans have a form of pre existing and 64 million need daily or weekly prescription use and or doctors doctor's visits. I currently am eligible for Cignasilver or colorado cares aka Obamahealth and pay around 285 a month. I also pay a additional state tax for this as do all people of colorado its minimal though and I'd guess 99.8% of citizens dont notice it. The average citizen despite health pays around 332$ a month according to Google most recieve this through their jobs. Only 12% of americans pay for insurance independently.

If we continue on the trajectory of doing away with plans that protect and give breaks to citizens with pre existing my plan would go up to 8x what I currently pay. I spoke with the broker I have to go through every Jan. 31st and the claim was 1974$ monthly. This would go into effect Jan. 10th 2021 quite possibly. Of the 82 million with a pre existing condition roughly 75% are elderly and another 9% are juvenile. In other words I'm in that completely unprotected area and scared shitless.

Healthcare for all seems to be a great idea but if you are of the % that needs daily, weekly doctor visits (I suffer from anxiety disorder as some of you may know) and it's not clear whether psychiatry, pediatric, chiropractic aka alot of actics would be covered. We have to take some power away from big pharma and insurance companies I think everyone can agree there. My fear I suppose is at what cost and how quickly?

I'm not fearful of Medicare/cade for all as much as I'm in fear of stripping away all protective measures in place but I am in fear nonetheless and it's the biggest debacle as it seems there is no meeting in the middle. I do fear a government trying to sort it out while our medical system is in limbo while they argue over money more than anything else.

I've spent my entire gambling career saying I dont care what happens dont let me live in Las vegas or Costa Rica. One may be forced upon me soon. Thoughts or opinions are welcome and try to be civil towards one another except Teddy as we know he rigged the vote:)

Thanks

My boss's son suffers from the same thing as you.  The best part of the Obamacare is insuring people with pre-existing conditions.  I have no idea what is fair now and what isn't.  My insurance went up a lot when Obamacare started - because of pre-existing conditions.  Obviously we need the healthcare system overhauled, but all of our elected officials are paid off.  This is why the D's hate Bernie, he hasn't.   It's a shame when you are a health scare away from bankruptcy.  

I do think we need some sort of Healthcare for All, but I don't trust our government to do it correctly.  No idea how it would be funded either.

Speaking of Pre-existing conditions, the people over 40 that have them has to be 50%.

You are on a gambling forum.. I don't believe you even gamble after the first sentence of what you just said. This isn't 1999 anymore Jimmy.

You're on a gambling forum starting healthcare topics... 

:laugh

Let's cut to the chase Mr. Ed the talking tout, you're successful at one thing and one thing only... Separating degenerate gamblers from their money...  Well done.

I’ve had health coverage from the moment I was born and will have it until the day I die, thanks to Unions. I couldn’t imagine paying some of these outrageous rates that families are subject to today. When I first moved to Florida, I was concerned about not being able to find doctors that accepted my NY insurance, so I took a job and paid for PARTIAL family coverage. It cost like 25% of my paycheck every week. No big deal to me, as I have a pension. But everyone I was working with had to work a second job just to cover the remainder of their living expenses. Never saw their kids/wives because they were always working. I’m all for finding a solution, but I definitely don’t have one. I know one thing, though. God bless Unions.

You're on a gambling forum starting healthcare topics...

:laugh

Let's cut to the chase Mr. Ed the talking tout, you're successful at one thing and one thing only... Separating degenerate gamblers from their money... Well done.

Lol you're a old troll who fails at even that. You ever get in the business of booking you let me know so we can try to manage getting even action in 2020 you old fool

I’ve had health coverage from the moment I was born and will have it until the day I die, thanks to Unions. I couldn’t imagine paying some of these outrageous rates that families are subject to today. When I first moved to Florida, I was concerned about not being able to find doctors that accepted my NY insurance, so I took a job and paid for PARTIAL family coverage. It cost like 25% of my paycheck every week. No big deal to me, as I have a pension. But everyone I was working with had to work a second job just to cover the remainder of their living expenses. Never saw their kids/wives because they were always working. I’m all for finding a solution, but I definitely don’t have one. I know one thing, though. God bless Unions.

I pay $520/month, no pre-existing and just me.  I'm 55 but its only going to go up.  I've never used it either.

Too many stories like this: https://twitter.com/DuBarryPie/status/1231669876122505216?s=19

I've knocked on a lot of doors the last two election cycles and heard too many horror stories. People getting screwed over by insurance companies for all sorts of reasons.

Every other developed country has some form of state run universal health care. Yes, there is a considerable amount of waste in those systems, but look at all the price gouging being done by corporations here. The system is so broken that insurance companies are paying people to fly to Mexico to get prescriptions filled there.

I couldn’t imagine paying some of these outrageous rates that families are subject to today. When I first moved to Florida, I was concerned about not being able to find doctors that accepted my NY insurance, so I took a job and paid for PARTIAL family coverage. It cost like 25% of my paycheck every week. No big deal to me, as I have a pension. But everyone I was working with had to work a second job just to cover the remainder of their living expenses. 

I gamble 18 hours a day to feed three mouths and pay health coverage.

Unfortunately, our healthcare insurance AND expenses are going to keep increasing.  :flag

Too many stories like this: https://twitter.com/DuBarryPie/status/1231669876122505216?s=19

I've knocked on a lot of doors the last two election cycles and heard too many horror stories. People getting screwed over by insurance companies for all sorts of reasons.

Every other developed country has some form of state run universal health care. Yes, there is a considerable amount of waste in those systems, but look at all the price gouging being done by corporations here. The system is so broken that insurance companies are paying people to fly to Mexico to get prescriptions filled there.

I'm assuming the driver didn't have insurance in that case.  That is awful no matter what.

Why are you guys still bitching about this, obama care is still in effect, didn't it solve everything?

Of course it did for people like IAG and myself but it's going to be repealed or has been depending on state obviously. We dont know what its being replaced with. That's the concern and topic for me. I only wanted others opinions as I do feel it's our biggest concern as a nation going forward.

Of course it did for people like IAG and myself but it's going to be repealed or has been depending on state obviously. We dont know what its being replaced with. That's the concern and topic for me. I only wanted others opinions as I do feel it's our biggest concern as a nation going forward.

Its amazing how this industry isn't investigated more.

First of all let me wish you good luck and full understanding of your anxiety. That is such an exhausting journey. You gotta be some kind of man to overcome that daily and put in good work. :shake

The two biggest obstacles by far over their are Pharma pricing and availability as well as fraud and one feeds the other in cyclical fashion, which is the real reason for exorbitant costs

Extreme penalties for fraud education are a must. A temporary whistle-blower program would curtail both patient and provider fraud.

Big Pharma should be truthful of real supplies of drugs and stop claiming a shortage to increase the price. A monthly inventory structure through all supply chain levels is an idea. Drug research also needs a separate income reporting structure, the costs associated gotta be bull shit. If this winds up on the gov't dime, it will change real fast.

I live under All for One system. It works, provides excellent service and value,  Health care cost PP is about $7500 a year/I pay out of pocket about $110 for upgraded coverage which covers your listed requirements.

We are at about 9%of GDP to totally fund the programs. Identical meds are from 4-10 times cheaper, and fraud ~5%.

That said, it will cripple your country at current debt levels fueled by ridiculous outlays.

America is just too poor to be able to provide that care.

First of all let me wish you good luck and full understanding of your anxiety. That is such an exhausting journey. You gotta be some kind of man to overcome that daily and put in good work. :shake

The two biggest obstacles by far over their are Pharma pricing and availability as well as fraud and one feeds the other in cyclical fashion, which is the real reason for exorbitant costs

Extreme penalties for fraud education are a must. A temporary whistle-blower program would curtail both patient and provider fraud.

Big Pharma should be truthful of real supplies of drugs and stop claiming a shortage to increase the price. A monthly inventory structure through all supply chain levels is an idea. Drug research also needs a separate income reporting structure, the costs associated gotta be bull shit. If this winds up on the gov't dime, it will change real fast.

I live under All for One system. It works, provides excellent service and value,  Health care cost PP is about $7500 a year/I pay out of pocket about $110 for upgraded coverage which covers your listed requirements.

We are at about 9%of GDP to totally fund the programs. Identical meds are from 4-10 times cheaper, and fraud ~5%.

That said, it will cripple your country at current debt levels fueled by ridiculous outlays.

America is just too poor to be able to provide that care.

Not too poor, just need to reallocate resources better.  They can raise the cost of alcohol for some of it.  

Fair Warning - that was a good point about individual insurance has to be like group insurance - no preexisting conditions.

The two biggest things in the affordable care act responded to:

I would buy insurance but my application gets declined to preexisting conditions and I am ridered, rated up or decined.

I would buy insurance if I could afford it.

We cannot get this confused when a premium is 800 but would have been 1600 if not for a subsidy to help pay the premium from the healthcare.gov marketplace.

That is 9600 a year in help on the subsidy.

But, the lower income demographic of 20-30k a year has no shot and paying 1600 out of pocket.