Healthcare for all (non politics as much as possible)

drnkyourmlkshk1

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actual quote..

For Rocha and the other Latinos on his team — particularly the undocumented immigrants — the effort is deeply meaningful. Over lunch at a Mexican café in East Las Vegas, Sisa said the experience was beyond her “wildest dreams” — an opportunity to make the case that “immigrants deserve better, regardless of being documented or not.” 

“I think no one [else] has been bold enough to say, ‘You may be undocumented, but you deserve health care,’” Sisa said. “‘You may be undocumented, but you deserve tuition-free college’ — because we all deserve those things.”

https://news.yahoo.com/latinos-sanderss-secret-weapon-in-nevada-could-make-him-unstoppable-on-super-tuesday-015922411.html

What a train wreck.

Healthcare not politicized and 15k twitter follows is a resume builder apparently. Lmao.

Ok fine. I think its bullshit when there are 405 billionaires in the U.S and 3 of then are running for president. 2 of which are dems.. Donald says he is but who knows.

Bloomberg will spend 1.2 billion just in ads to be the nominee.

2.1 billion would solve homelessness and starvation for 8 years. Hes worth 69 billion. Hillary and trump campaigns were over 3.5 billion somehow. Wtf? So yeah I dont trust either fucking side. No one wants to take on insurance companies because they have the most money and power over every talking head in Washington.

I dont mind paying if I owe in any walk of life but paying 2k to see a dr once a month? That's not even close to being ok for anyone.

Why is it even a democrat/Republican debate? Not everything comes down to liberal and conservative. I'm afraid it does come down to money which pisses me off. Dont come at me with taxes. I'm paying 27% on wins every 118 days.

I live in the fastest growing city in the nation and also it's gotten 20x more expensive in one decade! I'll pay all of it if I can afford to and give me options but just say ok that's gone now here's this pile of shit its 2k a month. Seriously I'm the only one concerned with this?

Forced Medicare for all, with no other choices, is a non starter.   Bernie knows this.   The D Party knows this.  That's why Lizzie pivoted away from it so quickly.   It probably cost her any shot at the nom, but she was being honest.  Bernie isn't.   But he also knows that sticking to it will enable a compromise that gets us closer to where we need to be.  

What ultimately should, and hopefully will happen with a Bernie Presidency, is that You will be able to Choose Medicare, no matter what your age, along with private Insurance, Public Option, and any other choices that are currently available, and hopefully ones that aren't..   The more Choices, the better.   The key word is Choice.   Choices and competition will keep the costs down.   And EVERY Choice should cover Pre existing conditions.   

I live under All for One system. It works, provides excellent service and value, Health care cost PP is about $7500 a year/I pay out of pocket about $110 for upgraded coverage which covers your listed requirements.

On today's episode of Billy the Bullshitter...

Extended health care private coverage with dental, therapy, hospital, prescription and rehabilitation has saved me almost 300k in 5 years.

Think before you talk kid.

My prescription blisterpack for 1 month was over $1200 now down to $800. Almost 1 full year inpatient rehab. ECT treatment more rehab.

I knew exactly what I needed and how to get it kid.

To the day.

Anything else you wanna be wrong about before I turn in?

Employers pay a tremendous amount of health insurance  premium for their employees,  Let's say $20 an hour employee.  Health insurance gross cost of 800.  Employee has 100 held out twice a month - Company pays 300 twice a month.  So, 40 hours = 3200 a month - add 600 for insurance - almost another 4 bucks an hour.  Not much else the employer can do - you want good employees you have to offer benefits.  

So,people that do have a w-2 job have a tremendous advantage over 1099 people as far as health  insurance. That is the W-2 jobs that offer benefits.   It is the 1099 people that holler and scream because they are paying the whole thing.  And the whole w-2 world and higher income 1099 world are jealous because medium to lower income people are getting a subsidy to pay their insurance.

Medicare for all is not any more fair.  People with more money will have to pay a lot more taxes than the low income people.  Health insurance will never again cost the same   for all human beings like it used to.