Healthcare for all (non politics as much as possible)

drnkyourmlkshk1

Forced Medicare for all, with no other choices, is a non starter.   Bernie knows this.   The D Party knows this.  That's why Lizzie pivoted away from it so quickly.   It probably cost her any shot at the nom, but she was being honest.  Bernie isn't.   But he also knows that sticking to it will enable a compromise that gets us closer to where we need to be.  

What ultimately should, and hopefully will happen with a Bernie Presidency, is that You will be able to Choose Medicare, no matter what your age, along with private Insurance, Public Option, and any other choices that are currently available, and hopefully ones that aren't..   The more Choices, the better.   The key word is Choice.   Choices and competition will keep the costs down.   And EVERY Choice should cover Pre existing conditions.   

This. 

What Bernie knows is that he'll force the compromise. And will be more on his terms than theirs. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive always been in favor of running health care similar (philosophically) to the legal system.

if you stand trial, you are provided a public defender. he probably sucks - so if you can at all afford your own attorney, you will 100% pay for one. but if you are broke, you will at least get representation from someone who has passed the bar, and is certified as a qualified attorney.

i believe health care should be the same - everyone should have standard coverage with a public option. but that option SHOULD be utter shit - high copays, longer wait times, etc. the shittyness of the public option should (by design) drive people into the private market, which will reduce costs and incentivize competition and innovation.

medicare for those who want it is a terrible idea (medicare for all is even worse) because dems want the public option to go way too far and are demanding 'free' coverage that is just unreasonably good. give em an inch and they take a fuckin mile. and its really a shame, since i support dems on this issue, but they are such greedy assholes and just want to centralize everything and make it 'free'. 

ive always been in favor of running health care similar (philosophically) to the legal system.

if you stand trial, you are provided a public defender. he probably sucks - so if you can at all afford your own attorney, you will 100% pay for one. but if you are broke, you will at least get representation from someone who has passed the bar, and is certified as a qualified attorney.

i believe health care should be the same - everyone should have standard coverage with a public option. but that option SHOULD be utter shit - high copays, longer wait times, etc. the shittyness of the public option should (by design) drive people into the private market, which will reduce costs and incentivize competition and innovation.

medicare for those who want it is a terrible idea (medicare for all is even worse) because dems want the public option to go way too far and are demanding 'free' coverage that is just unreasonably good. give em an inch and they take a fuckin mile. and its really a shame, since i support dems on this issue, but they are such greedy assholes and just want to centralize everything and make it 'free'.

Why can't the entire country just rebel against big Parma and corrupt politicians.

Get Big Pharmas list of political donations and vote the kawksukkers out.

Find the biggest ripoff meds and boycott them. Switch to generics.

Contact your reps and get someone to introduce a bill requiring cost audits on R&D claimed cost, they are complete bullshit.

Lobby your rep for Lower Approval Fees, the gov't is gouging with those.

If the employee gets 200/a month deducted his taxable income drops 2400 and the company saves 240.

HSA contributions can really help can they not? If you are well is a higher deductible not a good idea?

Certainly a factor - company does not have to pay the social security tax - unemployment insurance - maybe as much as 30 a month - 360 a year savings for the company - but the other 600 is coming out of their pocket even though that is certainly a deduction for them.

An HSA is a real good thing for the employee. But, too complicated and too much paperwork to do by themselves right out of the box without help from an accountant.  Some day will really help with a high deductibe - takes a few years to build a little money up.  If someone has to meet the deductible in the first year or two - not much time to self insure the first out of pocket max.

Ok fine. I think its bullshit when there are 405 billionaires in the U.S and 3 of then are running for president. 2 of which are dems.. Donald says he is but who knows.

Bloomberg will spend 1.2 billion just in ads to be the nominee.

2.1 billion would solve homelessness and starvation for 8 years. Hes worth 69 billion. Hillary and trump campaigns were over 3.5 billion somehow. Wtf? So yeah I dont trust either fucking side. No one wants to take on insurance companies because they have the most money and power over every talking head in Washington.

I dont mind paying if I owe in any walk of life but paying 2k to see a dr once a month? That's not even close to being ok for anyone.

Why is it even a democrat/Republican debate? Not everything comes down to liberal and conservative. I'm afraid it does come down to money which pisses me off. Dont come at me with taxes. I'm paying 27% on wins every 118 days.

I live in the fastest growing city in the nation and also it's gotten 20x more expensive in one decade! I'll pay all of it if I can afford to and give me options but just say ok that's gone now here's this pile of shit its 2k a month. Seriously I'm the only one concerned with this?

2.1 billion will solve homelessness and hunger for 8 years?  How do you figure?

2.1 billion will solve homelessness and hunger for 8 years?  How do you figure?

you could take all the money in the world and throw it at homelessness using current methods and it wouldnt budge the needle one inch. 

biggest waste of tax dollars imaginable, and only subsidizes more of it.

the best way to deal with that is by making it illegal, then arrest them off the street and send them to detention centers. give them the option of doing manual labor for a low wage, and when they are out, they are (hopefully) sober, and have some savings to get back on their feet. but apparently allowing them to shoot heroin all day in tent cities and shit all over your sidewalks is the preferred blueprint for success. brilliant.

Certainly a factor - company does not have to pay the social security tax - unemployment insurance - maybe as much as 30 a month - 360 a year savings for the company - but the other 600 is coming out of their pocket even though that is certainly a deduction for them.

An HSA is a real good thing for the employee. But, too complicated and too much paperwork to do by themselves right out of the box without help from an accountant. Some day will really help with a high deductibe - takes a few years to build a little money up. If someone has to meet the deductible in the first year or two - not much time to self insure the first out of pocket max.

I get it. Thanks for that.

Seems like gouging is the biggest issue then.

you could take all the money in the world and throw it at homelessness using current methods and it wouldnt budge the needle one inch.

biggest waste of tax dollars imaginable, and only subsidizes more of it.

the best way to deal with that is by making it illegal, then arrest them off the street and send them to detention centers. give them the option of doing manual labor for a low wage, and when they are out, they are (hopefully) sober, and have some savings to get back on their feet. but apparently allowing them to shoot heroin all day in tent cities and shit all over your sidewalks is the preferred blueprint for success. brilliant.

As usual, this is a bloated white and wealthy opinion of homelessness and far, far fetched from reality.

I took a walk through a homeless tent city in Victoria last year while waiting for a windshield replacement.

There were maybe 100 tents, Sheds, and a few vans. Was pretty clean, they had a small police presence of one car, about 10 porta pissers and a water depot, garbage cans everywhere and 2 recycling bins. BBQ's everywhere.

There was almost nobody around at all. So I asked one dude who was putting up a tent, where the fukk everybody was?

He said at work or the library. He said there's never anyone there until dinner hour. Dude was East Indian wearing a clean golf shirt and cargos.

Rent here is $1750/month for a shit 2 bedroom. Food is real pricey. Some folks can't afford it.

The bums and the users don't go in there, they just wander the streets and hang out at the mission.

Homelessness is more and more an affordability thing, not a mental health/addiction deal. Don't broad brush shit just because it ain't you.

jfc just move out of the city then. find a relative who will take you in, or a friend who will let you stay in their place. or a church to get you back on your feet. tent cities are not acceptable. at all, under any circumstances. i dont care how much rent costs. throw them all in jail and i guarantee you the problem sorts itself out real quick.

Bernie would destroy the country if elected

Why do you think this? Every other advanced country in the world has universal healthcare except the United States, and it is largely liked in those countries. The UK loves the NHS so much that it was included in the 2012 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony. 

Although it's hard to determine the overall cost, most studies show that the United States would save money long-term by switching to universal healthcare. There was even a study from Yale last week that claimed we could afford to pay the roughly 1.8 million healthcare workers that will likely have to move to another industry two years of full severance and still save money. 

Even the Koch brothers' think tank shows that Bernie's plan would save us money over the next decade. They announced that Bernie's plan would cost us $32 trillion over the next decade, and DHS projected we are set to pay $34 trillion over the next decade under the current system. 

Amazing all the homeless in Canada have jobs. Lol believable story there.

Just another pissy bitch too eager to poke the Man instead of read the post. Or can't read.

"The users and bums don't go in there, they just wander the streets and hang out at the mission."

We are done guy. Don't bother any more, I started a thread for you folks. Free finger sandwiches and a tampon dispenser in the loo.

The forum don't need the clutter, I don't gia F what you have to say in the least and there are many folks here I like to read and talk to.

Take good care and BOL in all your endeavors.

Why do you think this? Every other advanced country in the world has universal healthcare except the United States, and it is largely liked in those countries. The UK loves the NHS so much that it was included in the 2012 Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony. 

Although it's hard to determine the overall cost, most studies show that the United States would save money long-term by switching to universal healthcare. There was even a study from Yale last week that claimed we could afford to pay the roughly 1.8 million healthcare workers that will likely have to move to another industry two years of full severance and still save money. 

Even the Koch brothers' think tank shows that Bernie's plan would save us money over the next decade. They announced that Bernie's plan would cost us $32 trillion over the next decade, and DHS projected we are set to pay $34 trillion over the next decade under the current system.

Hope you are correct!

This post helps add to the overwhelming confidence that Bernie is going to win everything.

Employers pay a tremendous amount of health insurance premium for their employees, Let's say $20 an hour employee. Health insurance gross cost of 800. Employee has 100 held out twice a month - Company pays 300 twice a month. So, 40 hours = 3200 a month - add 600 for insurance - almost another 4 bucks an hour. Not much else the employer can do - you want good employees you have to offer benefits.

So,people that do have a w-2 job have a tremendous advantage over 1099 people as far as health insurance. That is the W-2 jobs that offer benefits. It is the 1099 people that holler and scream because they are paying the whole thing. And the whole w-2 world and higher income 1099 world are jealous because medium to lower income people are getting a subsidy to pay their insurance.

Medicare for all is not any more fair. People with more money will have to pay a lot more taxes than the low income people. Health insurance will never again cost the same for all human beings like it used to.

Employers who offer insurance also get a pretty good price on a group rate. Small business don’t get those costs at all. Most of my customers had to offer insurance, yet don’t have it for themselves because they cannot afford it.

Just another pissy bitch too eager to poke the Man instead of read the post. Or can't read.

"The users and bums don't go in there, they just wander the streets and hang out at the mission."

We are done guy. Don't bother any more, I started a thread for you folks. Free finger sandwiches and a tampon dispenser in the loo.

The forum don't need the clutter, I don't gia F what you have to say in the least and there are many folks here I like to read and talk to.

Take good care and BOL in all your endeavors.

Lol.....Cry little Billy cry you big fvcking baby!!!!