Oaklawn and Other Venues

rdalert447

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the fields looking?They usually are loaded with 5 horse races at Golden gate

They are actually deep , lots of small connections

Sadler has a temple city “ cape point” in the second leg that looks good

One thing I wanna and will write about here shortly

Is the claiming game is gonna open back up

With new venues

Trainers have been running their ponies at same level claiming because of the reluctance to claim

This entire sequence is claiming

I’m

Not excited for it

But I believe trainers will start fire selling their barns

To recover profits once those claim boxes start to grow back to normal

In conclusion , don’t be surprised to see horses with solid running forms now wanting the tag

As opposed to what we been seeing

Tampa Bay Wednesday

Race 1

#1 Happy Wanderer (5/2) , Is going to turf to dirt in this spot because they don’t have this level on the grass. 2nd off the purchase for Mike Dini, as well being 2nd off a long layoff. Was cranked up for return and didn’t have enough gas in the tank to finish at the 10k level. Shortens slightly here and pilot returns on the drop. Have to go back almost 2 years to see the last time this now 6 year old gelding ran on the dirt, and was a good second. Will most definitely be sent from the rail. Could get caught up with other speeds like the #6 Tiz Samurai (7/2) , & the #8 Game Day Drama (5/1) . If that does happen, It could set up nicely for the #3 Completely Bonkers (3/1) , to get a nice stalking trip, #2 Nauti Buoy (6/1) , is the one to know late. 

I think its going to be difficult for the potential speed horses with this predicted pace scenario. Id focus on the #5 Completely Bonkers, #2 Nauti Buoy , and the #1 Happy Wanderer (just worried won't be able to rate from the rail) on top 

Im going to try an Exacta Box using those 3 , and try to beat my favorite rider in Oldsmar Florida and label him as a bad favorite in this spot. 

Tampa Bay Race 4

My favorite type of race.

Lots to cycle through here,

Just give a run down

#1 Branco Maria (3/1) , 3 year colt went for 385k in the august sales off a 100k sire fee. Barn does good work , but I don’t see anything jumping off the page in the mornings and to debut for only 20k? Is that because they don’t have other options maybe, but I’d try to beat and bet against not being a monster. Especially debuting from the rail. Chris Clement drops in the #2 Onward (2/1) , down to this level after dueling and quitting vs much tougher in Hallandale beach. The form is showing 3 straight bullets in prep for this, but if you look closely at times they are not fast. (Don’t just let a bullet work speak for itself). However the company that this 3 year old has kept back in New York along with these connections can not be ignored. Look finishing behind Modernist , Tap it to win , bunch of other really good horses. Ian Wilkes brings the #3 Falkirk (4/1) , down here for this off the layoff try. Running 5th on debut vs South Bend , Answer In, and others, is no disgrace at all. Meets top rider enticed. Really just mixed feelings but wouldn’t surprise me at all. The #4 Mukulqitz (7/2) , Is going to be overlooked with these connections, but fits here. I may be more interested in the other firster who is drawing much better on the outside #8 Detective (8/1) , 

Lets wait and see the tote board for this one, to give us more info 

Race 2

The company the Chalk kept in Hallandale and drawn perfectly outside here , cannot be ignored, and while it appears to be a race with some speed, I don't think the #6 and #7 are as fast as they look. The real threat to challenge up front comes from the #3 Golden Nole (5/1) ,  Angel had this one cranked off off the 4 month layoff and moves up a level in class here. I think the #10 is still faster and will crossover and make the lead with Gallardo. But if not and they hook up, I'd look to the #8 Feisty Chi Chi (7/2) , Just put line through the turf race 2 back, and you see a mare on the improve.

Take a flyer on the 8 to WP