Usa hits 1.3 mill cases New york city the new epicenter of the virus

Moldoveanu

It's almost over most places.

Yup, and in  the few places it's still increasing, like the upper midwest, hospitalizations are at very low numbers, so low that nothing really needs to be done additionally.

Here where I live(MN), hospitalizations are about half what they were in may, and steady, despite a modest increase in cases, deaths are also completely stable and still consist of 70% from nursing homes.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

World health organization

Aug 20th

Soumya: So, the SARS-CoV-2 virus is a highly transmissible virus. We think it needs at least 60 to 70% of the population to have immunity to really break the chain of transmission

I see the WHO today declared the russian vaccine to be safe and effective, good for them, hopefully by Nov ours will arrive and vaccinations can begin in earnest by perhaps Dec.

World health organization

Aug 20th

Soumya: So, the SARS-CoV-2 virus is a highly transmissible virus. We think it needs at least 60 to 70% of the population to have immunity to really break the chain of transmission

Who has gotten every single thing about this wrong. But sure trust them.

This is what you get from sports "experts"

cache.jpg

This is what Taleb calls the "expert problem" in his incierto.

I cant imagine the cluster F it will be.

I would assume at least 50% of people will want the vaccine.

185 million shots? Geez

They still talking like it will be 2 shots??

i read if(a big if) it ready in nov, about 2 million doses would be ready as well, with around 20 million in dec, at that time another 2 or 3 vaccines would also be approved and each of them would have a certain number of doses available. To vaccinate all who want it would take 4-5 months at least. Distribution is really not the issue IMO.

Anybody getting the vaccine is a full blown retard that deserves the consequences so go for it. I mean if you half in the grave already might as well get it, but for anyone that's relatively healthy it's insane.

If you'd like some information from a non propoganda organization boat, this thread is pretty good:

https://twitter.com/gummibear737/status/1300828252869664768

Cliff notes:

Some people have existing immunity due to previous exposure to similar coronavirus (explains low infection rates in certain asian countries).

Anybody getting the vaccine is a full blown retard that deserves the consequences so go for it. I mean if you half in the grave already might as well get it, but for anyone that's relatively healthy it's insane.

If you'd like some information from a non propoganda organization boat, this thread is pretty good:

https://twitter.com/gummibear737/status/1300828252869664768

Cliff notes:

Some people have existing immunity due to previous exposure to similar coronavirus (explains low infection rates in certain asian countries).

Exactly, which is why we on the threshold of herd immunity already.

?

I believe in April they predicted 200k by Oct 1st

They also predicted 168,145,96,85,72,65, and even 56K, and this is up until may when I stopped listening to them. I'm sure they've had a couple dozen updates since then.

That's not the way projections work, you just dont get to keep guessing until the very end. :lol 

Just think, they're final projection will be right on.

When this started the people at IHEM were regarded as experts who had a sophisticated model that incorporated multiple variables into their projections, sounds great, then their first projections were a joke and they said they are refining their model as more real time data comes in, fine. months later they've gotten no better.

Remember the movie War Games? Near the climax of the movie, as the whopper machine is running wild, the general looks at the "expert" who designed it and says "after careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that your machine sucks".

That is what's going on here.

?

I believe in April they predicted 200k by Oct 1st

I literally link the page that evaluates every model and you can't be bothered to read it.

The u wash model is like the falcon they change it every five days. One in a while gonna get something right but overall it's been substantially worse than the baseline (which is simply predict next week's deaths as this week's number)

Repeat it again since I know boat won't read it and the mainstream media ignores it, but youyang gu model has been remarkably accurate and he does t change the projections by 1000% every other day. He is not currently projecting Nov/dec #s because there are too many unknowns and it would be grossly irresponsible.

The u of w model is literally the falcon/landers of the covid models. Wrong Everytime. Gu model is light years better than say my sports stuff.

Also mask use is at 90% in usa right now so even the assumptions behind the u of w model are insane.

• 3 months later...

"It's the Flu"

-Dullards

NEW YORK (AP) — This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time — due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic.

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15%, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted.

That would mark the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers died in World War I and hundreds of thousands of Americans died in a flu pandemic. Deaths rose 46% that year, compared with 1917.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:42 AM, rito said:

https://twitter.com/ritobog/status/1250107590060716035

Here is me laughing at these idiots in April. They literally couldn't hit their 95% projection interval two days in advance.

This is what happens when your model is nothing more than curve fitting.

they said 300k in april

it was mocked

Johns Hopkins Newspaper Removes Study Examining COVID Death Rate

Tyler Durden's Photo
by Tyler Durden
Tuesday, Dec 22, 2020 - 11:30

Authored by Benjamin Zeisloft via Campus Reform,

Johns Hopkins University’s student newspaper, the News-Letter, reported on a university presentation stating that COVID-19 “had no effect on the percentage of deaths of older people” and that the virus “has also not increased the total number of deaths” in comparison to historical data. However, the paper later removed the article, stating that it had been used to support “dangerous inaccuracies” on social media.

2020-12-22_5-51-12.jpg?itok=-HuMckg1

Assistant Director for the university’s Applied Economics program Genevieve Briand critically analyzed the net effect of COVID-19 on deaths in the United States based on historical data. Using information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Briand identified the percentages of total deaths per age category both before and after the pandemic began.

“Surprisingly, the deaths of older people stayed the same before and after COVID-19,” said the News-Letter’s article.

“Since COVID-19 mainly affects the elderly, experts expected an increase in the percentage of deaths in older age groups. However, this increase is not seen from the CDC data. In fact, the percentages of deaths among all age groups remain relatively the same.”

Though deaths in categories like respiratory illnesses and heart disease seasonally rise and fall together in the United States, Briand noticed a strange trend.

“Instead of the expected drastic increase across all causes, there was a significant decrease in deaths due to heart disease,” in addition to “all other causes.” Additionally, “the total decrease in deaths by other causes almost exactly equals the increase in deaths by COVID-19.”

“All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers. We found no evidence to the contrary,” Briand concluded in her presentation. She told the News-Letter that “a decreased number of heart attacks and all the other death causes doesn’t give us a choice but to point to some misclassification.”

The News-Letter removed the article in late November after staff discovered its coverage of the study was "used to support dangerous inaccuracies that minimize the impact of the pandemic.” The paper linked a PDF of the original article with a watermark stating “Retracted by the News-Letter” to a statement explaining the decision.

The News-Letter explained that it made the decision independently and encouraged readers to take the article “in context with the countless other data published by Hopkins, the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).”

The staff of the News-Letter referred Campus Reform to an op-ed written December 3 by the paper’s editorial board, which said that “the article should not have been deleted in the first place.”

“Instead of temporarily removing it from our website, the News-Letter should have immediately retracted and provided a detailed explanation of the inaccuracies in Briand’s research,” explained the editors.

“We did not intend to silence Briand; instead, we sought to put her claims in conversation with findings from Hopkins, the World Health Organization and the CDC.”

Briand told Campus Reform that the News-Letter’s decision to remove the article was its own, and pointed out that she explained "during the presentation where I found and downloaded the data from, so anyone can easily replicate my analysis.”     

• 5 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 9:48 AM, jasson621 said:

Once a Covid vaccine is available Malthusian-in-Chief, Bill Gates, believes all Americans must get an implantable tattoo that houses their vaccination records. And, only the ones that have met all state-choses vaccines can to school, get a job, use public transportation, or participate in community events.

This "digital certificate" has been developed by several colleges including Rice, MIT, and Stanford and would be a tattoo created with invisible ink that resides under your skin and read by a smartphone app or POS-like barcode reader.

I get flu shots etc. but this is sick. Once again this Chink virus was no accident and another step forward for the elitist deep state.

right as always

said from the start this was man made