Any chance I get my $2500 back on this rental property?

Teddy kgb

Different story than Teddy’s, but I have a trip to Orange Beach, AL scheduled for late April and my place very explicitly stated it was non-refundable. Had no problem with this when I booked as there was no reason to think I’d be canceling. 

Called them up earlier this week and started to explain the situation and the woman interrupted me saying not to worry that this was a national emergency and if necessary a full refund would be given no matter the terms of the reservation. I asked if I could wait until April 5th when the Alabama quarantine was supposed to end and she said that would be no problem at all. 

Still hope to go, but looking doubtful at this point. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different story than Teddy’s, but I have a trip to Orange Beach, AL scheduled for late April and my place very explicitly stated it was non-refundable. Had no problem with this when I booked as there was no reason to think I’d be canceling.

Called them up earlier this week and started to explain the situation and the woman interrupted me saying not to worry that this was a national emergency and if necessary a full refund would be given no matter the terms of the reservation. I asked if I could wait until April 5th when the Alabama quarantine was supposed to end and she said that would be no problem at all.

Still hope to go, but looking doubtful at this point.

Have you been to that town before? I always wanted to go to the Gulf Coast and that is only 7 hours from me. Would love some info.

Have you been to that town before? I always wanted to go to the Gulf Coast and that is only 7 hours from me. Would love some info.

Nope, this would be the first time. 

We’ve been searching for affordable places by the beach for a possible retirement location or vacation rental purchase and heard good things Orange Beach/Gulf Shores area. Just from doing a little research it seems to have a lot of what I’m looking for, unfortunately I don’t think this trip will end up going off as planned. 

Was this a ‘dig ’ at me?

Message from the owner

Hi David,

Will get back to you tomorrow, Sunday after trip with family.

Thank you!

That short message tells me he’s not budging,the fact that he says he’s on a trip (whether he is or not) indicates that he thinks it’s still safe to travel

Was this a ‘dig ’ at me?

Message from the owner

Hi David,

Will get back to you tomorrow, Sunday after trip with family.

Thank you!

He is probably taking some time to weigh his options and what is best in short and long-term. Might be seeking advice, legal or otherwise.

Fvcker never followed up....I’m going to contact the booking agent tomorrow to see if there’s a loophole on the house occupancy of 15 when there’s a government shut down of 10 or more

I think I’ll win with that angle

Call him again, it's more important to you than him. So he didn't call on a sunday, big deal.