Any chance I get my $2500 back on this rental property?

Teddy kgb

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uncle Tedddy

Grab the plunger pal, apparantly VRBO is not giving any refunds........I wish that was not the case as i hate to see anyone get screwed out money they earned cleaning shitters but i have a friend going threw sometime of shit as you as he said they have no refunds or sometimes you can get 50% of your deposit back.....  Good luck and try google as my friend said there was a couple articles about this i think in New York Post?   Good luck pal......

I want to know if he says No Refund and I tell him to go fvck himself what will he do? Can’t deny me his home rental without giving me my money back so let’s see how he likes being called a cock sucker every morning

Don’t forget to bring up dead family members and racists comments

Call his wife a KONT

Treat him like a forum member 

He sent me a message again yesterday to say he’s get back to me on a couple hours but Again didn’t...

I just sent him a short note asking if he’s considering it and when I might hear back...

I’ve never done a charge back? Can it still be done 6-8weeks later? It’s almost false advertising now as it’s listed for 15 people and I told him on my initial note to him that I was going to come with 15, but now with the cdc only wanting 10 in a group maybe I could use that angle?

He sent me a message again yesterday to say he’s get back to me on a couple hours but Again didn’t...

I just sent him a short note asking if he’s considering it and when I might hear back...

I’ve never done a charge back? Can it still be done 6-8weeks later? It’s almost false advertising now as it’s listed for 15 people and I told him on my initial note to him that I was going to come with 15, but now with the cdc only wanting 10 in a group maybe I could use that angle?

Your visit is in august right, this shit will be ancient history by then.

Got shot down, I think he gave me a response that ignored the pandemic going on.....it’s a late August trip so I’ll just hang onto it and hope for the best....whatever

Hi David,

I’m so sorry to hear your seriously considering cancelling your river trip vacation with your family & friends.

Regarding refunds I’m sure your aware that we only rent this property under the agreement with the guest that this property is only rented as a no refund rental if cancelled by the guest. This is disclosed on the website & again when each guest books & pays for the rental of the property.

The reason we have a no refund cancellation policy is so we do not have to absorb the cost when someone cancels. If were notified early enough we generally are able to get their dates re-rented for them as this property generally books months in advance.

This also protects us from having to issue refunds for cancellations that are completely out of our control. I hope you can understand the need for such a policy when renting such a large hi end waterfront property.

If you purchased the low cost VRBO rental cancellation insurance you may be covered if you need to cancel your reservation. If you did not purchase the insurance, as a courtesy to you I can try to re-rent your dates & if successful will refund your rent paid less a $500 re-rental fee. There is an excellent chance that we will be able to rerent your dates as they are still almost 5 months away.

If your sure you wish to cancel please contact VRBO & submit your cancellation request ASAP so we can immediately get your rental dates unblocked on the website & try to get it rerented for you right away! If we are able to rerent your dates, the refund will take place once we have collected the rent from the new renter or guest.

Please contact me if you have any additional questions.

Very best regards,

Jerkoff this is above your pay grade.

critical date is May 23 rd, almost zero chance he re rents the property , that is strictly posturing under these circumstances. 
To mitigate your risk advise him to please re list  the property , good luck securing a booking without a cancellation provision during this.

The hospitality industry is decimated, all real operators are letting guests out of these commitments .

see if there is a force majure clause , if not Unenforceability / impracticability and  frustration of purpose as it would be illegal to  gather with 15 people.  Send notice  to both the website and him asserting these claims 

you want out of this now , if travel is safe in August, rest assured you will find a better priced  deal 

people will be holding onto any money they have and owners will be anxious to get rental income under the new reduced pricing .  He said no now, karma 

this is not a typical cancellation , the website should have terms and conditions that may cover this type of event. 

critical date is May 23 rd, almost zero chance he re rents the property , that is strictly posturing under these circumstances.

To mitigate your risk advise him to please re list the property , good luck securing a booking without a cancellation provision during this.

The hospitality industry is decimated, all real operators are letting guests out of these commitments .

see if there is a force majure clause , if not Unenforceability / impracticability and frustration of purpose as it would be illegal to gather with 15 people. Send notice to both the website and him asserting these claims

you want out of this now , if travel is safe in August, rest assured you will find a better priced deal

people will be holding onto any money they have and owners will be anxious to get rental income under the new reduced pricing . He said no now, karma

this is not a typical cancellation , the website should have terms and conditions that may cover this type of event.

I agree and would not wait.

To mitigate your risk advise him to please re list the property , good luck securing a booking without a cancellation provision during this.

see if there is a force majure clause , if not Unenforceability / impracticability and frustration of purpose as it would be illegal to gather with 15 people. Send notice to both the website and him asserting these claims

you want out of this now , if travel is safe in August, rest assured you will find a better priced deal

people will be holding onto any money they have and owners will be anxious to get rental income under the new reduced pricing . He said no now, karma

Ok I’m going to call the website and use the big words you did and see what they say....