I lost a brother to Covid19 today

WVU

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also extend my sincere sympathies. I can’t imagine.  So sorry WVU.   You have had a rough couple of years.    

I suppose it was inevitable that one of us would know or be related to Covid victim, but still hard to read and it breaks my heart. RIP. 

My brother Jonathan was not very healthy.  He had battled alcoholism most of his life.  He was extremely intelligent but despite that he led a life of bad choices.  He was always there at family gatherings and was great around kids.  He is the fourth sibling that I have lost and the 2nd in the last 2 years.  He will be missed.  I appreciate the kind words, especially coming from those who don't normally "like" me.  My family's wish is that everyone takes a little extra precaution to protect yourself and others against this horrible virus.

Do you have any idea of how where he came into contact with virus?

He was living by himself about 10-15 minutes from me.  His life was completely wrapped up in AA meetings for the last 30 years.  I would guess he caught it in one of his meetings or around the rehab center which is where he was heading when he instead went to the hospital.