Temple -1 vs. Miami Tuesday NIT basketball

Doughy

I thought this would be Temple -3'. Temple has been a different team since 3 transfers joined and Miami is awfully thin upfront. I think this is the type of game that Miami matches up poorly defensively. I'd hammer it at Temple -1 now because it's not going to drop. GL

Miami's only real post threat is Jekiri, so I expect the Owls to be fine and to out score Miami in the paint. Miami relies too much on outside shots, when they win, they're falling, but I always get the feeling during Miami games that they make it so much harder on themselves than their opposition. GL either way, but I like this play a lot. I also expect MSG to be quite pro-Temple.

Line is now -1.5 everywhere. I expect to see -2 by tipoff. I want to reiterate that this should be as close to a Temple home game that you will find. Plus, Miami will be hard pressed to match the intensity it took for them to come back down 18 in the second half at Richmond. One thing about The U is it is consistently inconsistent all season long. Check Miami's schedule, they follow up big games with clunkers. Temple is 14-3 the last 17, with two of those losses against a ranked SMU team Temple simply doesn't match up well against.