Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Buying Callaway Golf (ELY) tomorrow at the open.

Stimulus money, no more covid, PGA Tour resumption, warmer weather coming. I think it has legs to gradually run up another 10-11 bucks per share.

Gradual is going to be the key word (though it has popped the past few weeks).  I was a long term $ELY holder, sold it this fall.  It'll just yoyo forever while you watch other stocks shoot up.  Supposedly has great fundamentals though.  Was recommended by an analyst buddy who told me how they own a huge stake (maybe majority?) of Top Golf and would make big $$$ if Top Golf goes public.

12 hours ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

thanks Jimmy I’ll check it out. With football almost over I need to figure out more complex ways to lose money 

I wouldn't fuck with Tesla.  Smarter guys than you and me both have been losing their shirts.  Pick another one to short.  Tesla is Teflon coated

8 hours ago, mikeman said:

You guys all think your genius's because your making money when the market is rising, anyone can do that, dont you remember what it was like 9 months ago?

wasn't that the point where you sold your stocks?  Did you buy them back?

9 hours ago, Roach23 said:

Gradual is going to be the key word (though it has popped the past few weeks).  I was a long term $ELY holder, sold it this fall.  It'll just yoyo forever while you watch other stocks shoot up.  Supposedly has great fundamentals though.  Was recommended by an analyst buddy who told me how they own a huge stake (maybe majority?) of Top Golf and would make big $$$ if Top Golf goes public.

Good to see you around Roach, feel free to share opinions.

9 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Buying Callaway Golf (ELY) tomorrow at the open.

Stimulus money, no more covid, PGA Tour resumption, warmer weather coming. I think it has legs to gradually run up another 10-11 bucks per share.

golf courses are one of the few businesses that did ok during the pandemic.  Courses here have been busy since about Oct

9 hours ago, Roach23 said:

I think top golf has a better chance of going bankrupt than going public.

10 minutes ago, WVU said:

wasn't that the point where you sold your stocks?  Did you buy them back?

I got out of my mutual funds and then progressively got back in, I did some math and found out my "moves" benefited me to the tune of about $15 k vs doing nothing all year.  i dont trade stocks like you guys, I did buy microsoft at maybe $155 and sold at about $180(it's like $210 now), right now I'm mostly invested and haven't made a trade in months.