Master stock pick thread

WVU

HOFV

Rumors have swirled in recent days that Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment could soon make a move into NFTs. The National Football League (NFL) is reportedly developing its strategy for NFTs and other digital collectibles. Investors on Twitter and other social media sites have speculated that Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment could be the company chosen to head up this potentially lucrative new initiative for the NFL. 

Now what 

It's possible that these investors will be proven correct. Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment was created via a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) merger in July 2020. It intends to build a sprawling entertainment complex around the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Ohio -- complete with stadiums, waterparks, hotels, and other attractions -- leading some people to refer to it as a "Disneyland for football" fans. The company also intends to enter the gaming market, with fantasy sports and sports betting offerings. 

There could certainly be strong demand for NFL-themed NFTs. NBA Top Shot is one of the most successful NFT platforms, and fans have already spent more than $200 million on NBA-related digital collectibles. Football is even more popular than the NBA, and if the NFL does choose Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment to head up its NFT initiative, it could be a boon for the company.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, richsox24 said:

I'm still in trch myself but have given back all profits since I got in around 2.10. 

Would hate to lose on this stock since I've always been up on it but may get rid of it. 

Kicking myself I didn't sell around 3.50

You and me both. Got up to about 4.00 the first week I posted about it. I was holding for the bigger picture. META merger was approved on META side and now TRCH has a vote to approve it in next 30-60 days. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

HOFV

Rumors have swirled in recent days that Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment could soon make a move into NFTs. The National Football League (NFL) is reportedly developing its strategy for NFTs and other digital collectibles. Investors on Twitter and other social media sites have speculated that Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment could be the company chosen to head up this potentially lucrative new initiative for the NFL. 

Now what 

It's possible that these investors will be proven correct. Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment was created via a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) merger in July 2020. It intends to build a sprawling entertainment complex around the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Ohio -- complete with stadiums, waterparks, hotels, and other attractions -- leading some people to refer to it as a "Disneyland for football" fans. The company also intends to enter the gaming market, with fantasy sports and sports betting offerings. 

There could certainly be strong demand for NFL-themed NFTs. NBA Top Shot is one of the most successful NFT platforms, and fans have already spent more than $200 million on NBA-related digital collectibles. Football is even more popular than the NBA, and if the NFL does choose Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment to head up its NFT initiative, it could be a boon for the company.

That's an idea that sounds good on paper but fails the smell test, Those new signs in Mandan ND have a better chance of being game changers than making a dumpy run down midwestern town a leisure destination.

16 hours ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

ya you’ve mentioned that, quit being an arrogant fuck

everybody plays the stock market with their 401k’s

There was nothing arrogant about the comment.....if you are going to pick individual stocks and pennies like you have been doing you need to understand how to play a down market

If you're talking 401K's then a down market creates buying opportunities for long term plays  

I can picture the partnership between the NFL and canton now, a fun filled mutli themed destination - they can put a huge sign on the edge of town telling people to check their white privilege before you enter, movies about Colin Kapernicks life,  large BLM signs spaced appropriately for kneeling purposes, etc. :cheers

12 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I can picture the partnership between the NFL and canton now, a fun filled mutli themed destination - they can put a huge sign on the edge of town telling people to check their white privilege before you enter, movies about Colin Kapernicks life,  large BLM signs spaced appropriately for kneeling purposes, etc. :cheers

NFL TV ratings keep going down.

Who would sink money into a project like this??

20 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Unreal, think they are keeping it low to buy then it explodes?

That would be the hope but honestly at this point, I have no clue. 

I guess I may be a conspiracy theorist but I think the stuff with gme, amc, etc has really turned the markets upside down. 

So many big wigs, billionaires, hedge funds, etc lost billions that now prices of other stocks are being completely manipulated so they can get their money back. 

Take aapl for example. The stock was at $145 on Jan 28 when they reported the greatest earnings in the history of the company and on top of that, exceeded projections by 300%. Also they announced that every apple store has now been re-opened and are having a huge 1st quarter. The stock went down in 19 out of 21 days I believe and now sits around $120 and their next earnings report comes out in 4 weeks.

There's just no plausible way a stock like that should be down 17% since that earnings report. 

5 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

That would be the hope but honestly at this point, I have no clue. 

I guess I may be a conspiracy theorist but I think the stuff with gme, amc, etc has really turned the markets upside down. 

So many big wigs, billionaires, hedge funds, etc lost billions that now prices of other stocks are being completely manipulated so they can get their money back. 

Take aapl for example. The stock was at $145 on Jan 28 when they reported the greatest earnings in the history of the company and on top of that, exceeded projections by 300%. Also they announced that every apple store has now been re-opened and are having a huge 1st quarter. The stock went down in 19 out of 21 days I believe and now sits around $120 and their next earnings report comes out in 4 weeks.

There's just no plausible way a stock like that should be down 17% since that earnings report. 

You're leaving out the part about it doubling or more in the last year, that's the reason. Same with tesla, how can it be down $300(30% in a month), because it was up 700% in the last year.

29 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Unreal, think they are keeping it low to buy then it explodes?

who are they?  This isn't a Meme stock.  It is a real stock with real investors like you.  Did someone send a message out to 330 million people to not buy the stock?  This isn't a conspiracy.  This is the stock market.

13 minutes ago, mikeman said:

You're leaving out the part about it doubling or more in the last year, that's the reason. Same with tesla, how can it be down $300(30% in a month), because it was up 700% in the last year.

Yes it did but it's done that for like 7 years in a row so that's nothing new.

If aapl was stagnant for the last 2 months, I'd get it. But to be down this much when every single thing surrounding the company is the best it's been in the companies history doesn't sit well with me. 

Add to that, this shit started at the exact same time that the gme thing started. 

21 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Yes it did but it's done that for like 7 years in a row so that's nothing new.

If aapl was stagnant for the last 2 months, I'd get it. But to be down this much when every single thing surrounding the company is the best it's been in the companies history doesn't sit well with me. 

Add to that, this shit started at the exact same time that the gme thing started. 

I feel the same way, I bought some and am now down.

21 minutes ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

I agree completely rich. Apple makes zero fucking sense. You left out the part about 2021 looking like a massive year overall.

Agree...and the last thing I'll say about aapl is this....I understand that when the stock was at $145 when earnings came out in January, the projections were somewhat already built into the stock price.  I totally get that. 

The problem I have is that Apple still beat those already crazy projections by a ridiculous 300% and the stock immediately started tanking every day since. 

I mean, the big wigs cant get their billions back that they lost in gme thru penny stocks.  

1 hour ago, richsox24 said:

Agree...and the last thing I'll say about aapl is this....I understand that when the stock was at $145 when earnings came out in January, the projections were somewhat already built into the stock price.  I totally get that. 

The problem I have is that Apple still beat those already crazy projections by a ridiculous 300% and the stock immediately started tanking every day since. 

I mean, the big wigs cant get their billions back that they lost in gme thru penny stocks.  

When do their tenured stock options mature?

It could have been employees exercising their maturing options and selling en mass when the price was attractive to sellers... Maybe. I don't follow AAPL closely. 

2 hours ago, WVU said:

who are they?  This isn't a Meme stock.  It is a real stock with real investors like you.  Did someone send a message out to 330 million people to not buy the stock?  This isn't a conspiracy.  This is the stock market.

I believe stocks can be manipulated.  Just my opinion.  Wouldn’t be shocked to see a huge state like New York mention something in the next week and the stock rockets.  Or it can keep bleeding, that’s the risk you take.  Best of luck on your plays.