Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, richsox24 said:

PENN down for the 7th consecutive day following announcement of being added to the s&p 500

i think penn is decent around 100 here, totally different company than a year ago with a few states already on board and a few more coming

most of the hotter stocks over the past year have been taken down a bit lately, viac was down over 20 pts today on news that should've been a 5 pt drop

8 minutes ago, WVU said:

I’m guessing cruise stocks will get killed tomorrow as the CDC denied their request to end restrictions.  Restrictions will be in place until at least November

I see they will now sail out of the bahamas and carribeean. It's pretty clear the CDC will never give up any power, ever, which is exactly why red state governors need to do far more than just drop a few restrictions, they need to tell people to stop doing what  fauci and the CDC  want.

The cruise ship co's already said they will require vaccines to sail - they should reverse that, say nothing will be required, nothing at all, then send all those passengers back to the US.

I'm large in SSNT, this is the Earnings Report from earlier this morning:

SSNT ER Fourth Quarter Ended December 31, 2020 Financial Highlights Total revenue was $11,308,787 , compared with $9,967,886 in 2019, an increase of 13.5%. Gross Profit was $4,736,117 , compared with $3,723,109 in 2019, an increase of 27.2%. Income from continuing operations was $480,391 , versus a loss from continuing operations of $399,557 in 2019, an increase of $879,948

Huge volume pre-market compared to it's float. 

Stock only goes up 3.5% on those earnings

18 hours ago, WVU said:

The only manipulation possible is through buying and selling because that is how the market works.  Not sure who you think is doing the manipulation?

you don't think the hedge funds had anything to do with GME when they were stuck on their shorts and couldn't get out? I think that stock was going to go to $1k that one day before all of the brokers shut everything down. I've never bought/sold one share of GME either; just my observations from that event.

3 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

I take my thoughts back on SSNT; it's now red on the day with excellent earnings. I need to stop playing earnings reports as I never understand them and always get killed doing it.

See that's the thing with the way the market is being controlled right now. 

Aren't earnings supposed to be one of the key factors on whether to buy or sell a stock. 

Thats investing 101. 

But what's been happening since this whole gme thing is company reports great earnings, and the stock price gets tanked. 

I'm just not buying that when a company delivers all sorts of good news/amazing earnings, that the first thing share holders do is unload all their stock. 

Thats just not real life. 

55 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

you don't think the hedge funds had anything to do with GME when they were stuck on their shorts and couldn't get out? I think that stock was going to go to $1k that one day before all of the brokers shut everything down. I've never bought/sold one share of GME either; just my observations from that event.

shutting down one side of trading is manipulation.  This is not the same thing.  Simply not buying or not selling is not manipulation

23 minutes ago, WVU said:

shutting down one side of trading is manipulation.  This is not the same thing.  Simply not buying or not selling is not manipulation

When they haulted the ability to buy gme, that was 100% stock price manipulation. But all that did was stop their losses at billions instead of many many more billions. 

Everyone knew these rich arrogant cocky fucks were going to get those billions back in one way or another. Like the saying goes...the rich always get richer. 

And if they can rig the market in one way, they can certainly do it in many other ways. 

And what we are seeing in the last 2 months, is very very suspicious imo. It's just not realistic.