WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, zzmocashzz said:

Our favorite holding period is forever.

Warren Buffett

i am pretty sure i have beaten buffet's returns by a country mile over the past year

told people in this thread to buy...

bbby up 10x

home up 27x

mik, bought out up 22x

penn, up 30x

kss up 5x

i guess it would be better to hold mik from 20 down to 1 and then back up to 20?  rather than buy it for 1 lololol

3 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

i am pretty sure i have beaten buffet's returns by a country mile over the past year

told people in this thread to buy...

bbby up 10x

home up 27x

mik, bought out up 22x

penn, up 30x

kss up 5x

i guess it would be better to hold mik from 20 down to 1 and then back up to 20?  rather than buy it for 1 lololol

Thats quite a year!

7 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

looking back to a year ago, i should've really gone nuts on some of those

mik got down to $1 when their most recent quarter had a profit of more than that, unreal

same as bitcoin, we should all be billionaires

Yeah, hindsight is always 20/20. Had some huge movers myself that I should have loaded more into and held a little longer than I even did. 

6 hours ago, richsox24 said:

Wvu...not to sound sarcastic but have a sincere question. What do you think determines a stocks price throughout the day?

Buying and selling.  More buys than sells and the stock goes up.  I’m pretty sure everyone knows this.

58 minutes ago, WVU said:

Buying and selling.  More buys than sells and the stock goes up.  I’m pretty sure everyone knows this.

Correct. Everyone does know this. Which leads me to my point. On Feb 4th the volume on apple was 370 million shares.  On that exact day, Blackrock, UBS and  T Rowe Price all upped their positions on apple in their model portfolios accounting for approx 110 million shares purchased (all buys, not sells)

That leaves approx 260 million shares traded that day (unknown whether they are buys or sells) to other investment managers and retail investors. Yet the stock that day was down $3.31 (2.45%). 

This is when I started scratching my head as to what is going on. That's borderline mathematically not possible. Again this is right on the heals of the gme stuff when all the hedge funds were out billions. 

15 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Correct. Everyone does know this. Which leads me to my point. On Feb 4th the volume on apple was 370 million shares.  On that exact day, Blackrock, UBS and  T Rowe Price all upped their positions on apple in their model portfolios accounting for approx 110 million shares purchased (all buys, not sells)

That leaves approx 260 million shares traded that day (unknown whether they are buys or sells) to other investment managers and retail investors. Yet the stock that day was down $3.31 (2.45%). 

This is when I started scratching my head as to what is going on. That's borderline mathematically not possible. Again this is right on the heals of the gme stuff when all the hedge funds were out billions. 

What did the market do that day?

Actually I'm re-reading an email from my advisor from back then and I posted a couple of incorrect things. 

It was that week (not that day) that Apple was down 3.31 for the week and it was that week that those investment managers added the 110 million  shares out of the 370 million shares that traded on apple that week. 

Doesn't change my point though.... It still makes no sense. 

14 hours ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Naked shorts 

ladder attacks during AH

Controlling and using false  news/information 

Don’t they use high frequency trading to keep selling their shares to each other to lower the price, fishing for stop losses, it’s basically a game of emotion in my eyes.  Whenever you get that feeling that nothing can go right and you’re about to panic sell, that’s the time to buy.  I was so close to selling my carnival stock with that huge drop now it recovered already.  I still believe there is going to some selling pressure because the big money bought all these recovery stocks and they already ran up a few hundred percent.  It’d make no sense not to cash in some profit after 1 year.  End of March to probably may a lot of the cheap market was bought up so that’s all I’m concerned with

The SEC is heavily involved in this stuff. Illegal Manipulation would not be allowed.  Getting together with other large holders and timing buys and sells is not illegal.  It’s the same thing wallstreetbets does.

why all the manipulation talk recently?  Because it’s a down market.  That’s why.  I didn’t hear a peep about this when we were all rolling in dough.

15 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Don’t they use high frequency trading to keep selling their shares to each other to lower the price, fishing for stop losses, it’s basically a game of emotion in my eyes.  Whenever you get that feeling that nothing can go right and you’re about to panic sell, that’s the time to buy.  I was so close to selling my carnival stock with that huge drop now it recovered already.  I still believe there is going to some selling pressure because the big money bought all these recovery stocks and they already ran up a few hundred percent.  It’d make no sense not to cash in some profit after 1 year.  End of March to probably may a lot of the cheap market was bought up so that’s all I’m concerned with

After trashing CCL on here I decided to buy after it dropped.  I digress. ?

Nice play.  They just released news about uk voyages in July.  I really believe the CDC will let them cruise before November.  Even if it’s vaccinated people only, the pace people are getting vaccinated is very good right now.  The demand is there, I still believe this will be 35+ by the end of the summer.  Expect a 10-15% day when the CDC announces a new timeline.  Or this shit can crash, but I’m HODL

2 hours ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Nice play.  They just released news about uk voyages in July.  I really believe the CDC will let them cruise before November.  Even if it’s vaccinated people only, the pace people are getting vaccinated is very good right now.  The demand is there, I still believe this will be 35+ by the end of the summer.  Expect a 10-15% day when the CDC announces a new timeline.  Or this shit can crash, but I’m HODL

Vaccinations in the US will be done by mid - late may, so 5-6 weeks from now it'll be winding down. Keep that in mind for your recovery plays.

By the way, Israel - who leads the way in vaccinations went through a similar spike in cases during their campaign for largely unknown reasons, they are dropping fast right now, so any spike in cases like we may be seeing in the northeast should be short lived.