Master stock pick thread

WVU

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just following the movement it always bounces back to 12-13.  Take the 20% then or stick with it for the long haul which I expect to get to 30 when people are flying again.  I don't exactly have inside information but I know a few people in management here at their corporate office.  

Take the quick money and get out or ride this like a fat chick.  This thing is on fire.  Up 20% today.  Investors must have read my thoughts on airlines

you buy 1000 shares of save at 10

sell one week later at 12

2,000 profit short term capital gains tax is like 30%, am I missing something?  I thought once you sell a stock that you own for less than 1 year it's short term gain @ 30% tax

please enlighten me, that's just how I understood it

I called Royal Caribbean a mile away.....was like $22.60 and now at 47.60......pussed out after listening to everyone tell me No way cruise lines would bounce back for years

I’ve done pretty good with United thou....

No you didn't.

You asked...I told you buy RCL and you said Spud told you the same.

it says 40k income will be 0% long term capital gains tax

now is the stock you sell included in that 40k number?  say next year I want to sell 50k worth of stock, if my income was less than 40k would I pay 0 on all that stock I sold?  that can't be correct right lol

It depends on your tax bracket, long term gains are taxed at 0% for some , I think 5% for others(it maxes at 15-20% I think) Short term would be whatever your regular rate is.

I have losses when market was crashing to offset some gains. I can also donate stock sales to charity to not only not pay capital gains, you get the tax write off.

Your situation is different Erb and I really don’t know the answers. Do your research. I use turbo tax and it Goes through every possible deduction on capital gains.

I have losses when market was crashing to offset some gains. I can also donate stock sales to charity to not only not pay capital gains, you get the tax write off.

Your situation is different Erb and I really don’t know the answers. Do your research. I use turbo tax and it Goes through every possible deduction on capital gains.

I'm a real sharp investor, I almost always have plenty of losses to offset. :cigar

Sad but true.

No you didn't.

You asked...I told you buy RCL and you said Spud told you the same.

Lol....I told Spud that’s for sure....somebody here did give it to me and I took credit for it outside the forum and screwed up and now tried to take credit for it here.

I don’t think it was you thou.....somebody posted about them buying 10B in ships and that they weren’t going anywhere....if that was you cool....but that’s the true story

So I had poker stars stock and they got bought by flutter l. Now it’s just gone and so is the balance. Where did that money go?

When it was converted to shares of Flutter Entertainment, that ticker symbol should be in your account, with a balance. That is strange.

EDIT: It should be something like PPB and they gave around 0.2253 of it for every one share of your old.