WVU

Ever had a DUI/DWI?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Ever gotten a DUI/DWI?

• Yes
    • No, I fought it and won
    • No. Never even charged.

Yes.

Anyone who doesn't have any, and likes to drink outside of their home--get your ass a designated driver. A free one (family and friends), or a paid one (Lyft or Uber, etc.), but get one. There is no excuse. I wish I could go back in time seventeen years.

The fact that most who drink have driven drunk thousands of times, shows the DWI thing is overblown. I'm not saying it's a great thing, but overall it's just more hype and hysteria.

Some people who wouldn't dream of operating a motor vehicle with so much as SINGLE DROP of alcohol in their system have no problem driving while they are blowed out of their minds on pills, cocaine, cannabis, etc.

It's all impaired driving.

Blown out = everywhere else

Blowed out = TGF land

It is amazing that I never have been caught. Probably the biggest parlay I have ever hit because their is no doubt that I have been thoroughly drunk driving

hundreds of times.

The luckiest I ever got was one day underage driving and drunk I hit a parked car entering the neighborhood, went home and passed out.

Didnt even remember the accident till the next day. That night the police responded to the hit and run but my dad wouldnt let them in the house and

promised we would go into station next day.

My mother and sister go with me the next day, they were legit crying and me being a dummy was like yeah I had a couple drinks. Somehow the officer took pity and since no one was hurt they let me off with a warning.

Another lucky time is nearly falling asleep and driving into the grassy center hwy divider on busy BLVD. Luckily the traffic lights made me only one of a few cars in the

vicinity as it was wet and car did a 360 and  threw me back onto the road where I just continued to drive., like a video game literally

It has been almost 10 since driving intoxicated.

I am not even tempted to drink and drive anymore and have no problem waiting and doing nothing for an hour or more

to let the drinks wear off on the rare times I drink in public.

It is amazing that I never have been caught. Probably the biggest parlay I have ever hit because their is no doubt that I have been thoroughly drunk driving

hundreds of times.

The luckiest I ever got was one day underage driving and drunk I hit a parked car entering the neighborhood, went home and passed out.

Didnt even remember the accident till the next day. That night the police responded to the hit and run but my dad wouldnt let them in the house and

promised we would go into station next day.

My mother and sister go with me the next day, they were legit crying and me being a dummy was like yeah I had a couple drinks. Somehow the officer took pity and since no one was hurt they let me off with a warning.

Another lucky time is nearly falling asleep and driving into the grassy center hwy divider on busy BLVD. Luckily the traffic lights made me only one of a few cars in the

vicinity as it was wet and car did a 360 and  threw me back onto the road where I just continued to drive., like a video game literally

It has been almost 10 since driving intoxicated.

I am not even tempted to drink and drive anymore and have no problem waiting and doing nothing for an hour or more

to let the drinks wear off on the rare times I drink in public.

What are the Powerball numbers for tonight? Damn.

You are Neo. You dodged multiple bullets.

Glad you took advantage of the good fortune.

I was living in Colorado in 1980 and was driving my gf's car who had returned to Connecticut to visit her parents. I met some people from Boston in a bar, had a few drinks with them, and later when was leaving I noticed they were having car trouble. I offered a ride they accepted, and I was on my way to Cherry Hills part of Denver. Nice part of Denver. I drop off the people I was driving home and almost immediately see the lights. I explain to cop that I just dropped off some car trouble people and not sure how to get back to the highway. All downhill from here.Thinks the car is stolen total fukshow. Charges me with dui and takes me to Arapahoe County jail. I was $5 short for my bail so I had to spend the whole weekend in a 10 room cellblock with the worst looking critters that I have literally ever seen. One guy took a liking to me and followed me around trying to be pals. Needless to say a few hours later he is furiously masturbating in the common area on top of a picnic table, calling his fkn mother! MAAAAAAA Get the picture? The next day the ghouls in the cellblock got wind that there was a Mexican in the jailhouse that  had raped a 6 month old. It was the front page story in the Rocky Mountain News that morning. "Put Jose in here with us" one of the ghouls screamed and soon enough they were all screaming the same thing. The whole place was in a frenzy. I finally got out of that asylum on Monday morning when a friend from work came and paid my bail. Showed up at court weeks later and the prosecutor got a good laugh from the story and dropped the charge since I was only impaired anyway. Got the fuk out of Colorado and never went back.

I loved my tiime in Denver but for those not used to drinking at altitudes it is no joke!

I lived in Golden and used to take the tour so I could get free beer. When I moved there in 1980 my first day there I drank a sixpack of Bud for starters. The guys I was drinking with said wtf are you doing? You need to drink something lighter or you are gonna be hurting tomorrow. I came back with "Yeah yeah I'm on the fukin Irish Drinking team. Why don't you step dancers make yourself useful and pour some shots"? Holy shit I drank about a third of what I usually drank back in Connecticut and I could not move the next day. One of the worst hangovers of my life. Haha what a tool I was...

Yes when I was 20. Took a fucking header into a telephone pole after a long day of NFL and boozing. Got out and ran because anyone that has a fucking clue, that is what you do. Get out and run and go somewhere and sober up, call police and say you got into an accident and got nervous and left the scene. They are going to pretty much know you were probably drunk but it can’t be proven. I would not recommend this tactic if you get into an accident involving another vehicle. Then you’re in double deep shit if the other people are hurt. Long story short I got caught about 3 blocks away, it was a sleepy town and the cops caught me. They were just sitting around waiting for some action.

Shockingly NO

Drove drunk basically daily for 10+ years coming home from the bar at night. Only time I got pulled over , caught the luckiest break of my life. Was wayyyyyyyy over the limit. Had 3 people in my 2 seater and was deep in the yayo and of course had more on me. Cop pulls me over. I tell my brother who was w me to call my dad so he could get me bailed out. I go to open the door to tell the cop to just arrest me. He kicks the door closed it smashes me in the head. Cop calls me a fucking idiot and says never get of the car. Says I smell like a brewery and to park the car if I can. I do. He gets us all out of the car and pulls me to the side. He tells me it’s my lucky night and that if my car was moved before noon the next day he’d come to my house and beat my ass and arrest me.

My brother and my friend were blown away. I ran down the street after he left and dove head first into a Bush in someone’s front yard to celebrate. Still have no clue why he let me go.