(odds posted) Free $300+$200 Belmont Stakes Contest - Sponsored by Poster Loman and TGF

Sharp Square

Belmont.jpg

Players start with a $100 bank roll

- Only Win, Place, and Show wagers are available for all races except the Belmont Stakes which will also include an Xtra Exacta Wager (straight bet no boxing or keying)

- Each player must have a wager placed on every race included in the contest! 

- The minimum wager amount per race is $2 w/ a maximum wager amount of $20 (All wagers made in $2 increments) Ex: can wager $2/$4/$6 etc to win, place, or show or with any combination across the board (as long as the total wager doesn't exceed the maximum). The additional Exacta Wager on the Belmont Stakes will be valued at $4 (It will be automatically deducted from bankrolls and players must have the cash equivalent available for the wager to be in play) So keep in mind when putting in your selection the Belmont will cost an automatic $4 if you want to be eligible for the xtra Exacta wager.

- I will post the card including each race that is included in the contest and each player will select all their betting options at once. If a horse you select gets scratched your wager will be graded as no action at no impact to your bankroll. Payoffs per race will be based on final odds and posted payouts. 

- For each race players will list the NUMBER - HORSE NAME - CLEAR INDICATION OF THE WAGER MADE W/ DOLLAR AMOUNT AND WIN,PLACE, ETC IN DETAIL

- Each player that losses his $100 bankroll is eliminated

- Tiebreaker:  Highest total Winning Wager amount for any single race

- Highest total Bankroll at the end of the Belmont Stakes race will be declared the winner (along with any runner up positions)

Your entry should look like this:

Race 1: #6 Bobs Big Boy $4 Win/Place

Race 2: #10 Kingers Koolaid $6 Win

Race 3: #1 Being BobbyFK $2 Win/Place/Show

(Sure you can use just W/P/S in place of the whole word but the wager and amount need to be clearly detailed)

Hopefully this format makes for some interesting handicapping strategy and money management. Will try and allow entries to be submitted all the way up until the night before race day to hopefully keep the potential number of scratches to a minimum. 

As usual I will try and be on and grade the contest live as the races are taking place.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to poster Loman and TGF for the very generous donations of this contest's cash prize!  :cheers  :hat 

As per payouts which is sure to come up as a so how about this:

1St - 300

2nt - 150

BR Winner - $50

Gives a couple guys a chance at some coin at the top and the BR Winner would be the entry with the biggest total payout on any single race. Would keep it somewhat interesting even if someone kind of runs away w/ this thing early on at the top. This is just a thought and we can alter it in any which way needed.

I think this contest was meant to be free by those sponsoring even though there was a lot of talk in other thread about a post up version.  Perhaps some side action between those interested can be put together. 

Contest Card from the Belmont will be posted below. So jump in everyone

lots of words.

driving the rv.

sumrise.

will post the Belmont Stakes card.  You make a bet for every race from a 100 dollar bankroll.  w/p/s wagers are available for all races w/ an added exacta bet for the Belmont Stakes itself. You can wager from $2 to $20 per race (the Belmont Stakes exacta cost 4 bucks and you must have that available for bet to be active)

• 2 weeks later...

do you automatically have to take the $4 exacta wager on Belmont or can one use that $4 for a different bet?

Does the $4 exacta wager count against the $20 max bet on any one race?

If you don't have the +4 after the 20 allowance for the Belmont you won't be elig for the xtra exacta wager so no you don't have to do it

So once ya get to that last race if your bankroll is just 20 you are automatically opted out of the exacta 

do you automatically have to take the $4 exacta wager on Belmont or can one use that $4 for a different bet?

Does the $4 exacta wager count against the $20 max bet on any one race?

Great question by the way.  Thanks for pitching in here to get some clarification before hand to avoid any misunderstanding later I really appreciate it. 

I always like to get this kind of input contest wise because its hard to be exact on every aspect on these things and good solid input over misguided over reaction always makes these contest easier to handle and better for everyone in the end. 

Well I mean this sincerely and not  in a condescending tone as I  respect your contest efforts over the years

Sometimes in trying to make rules and wanting to be exact , the wording becomes OVER COMPLICATED and

I read rules very carefully.

My experience says most people dont and this leads to a heap of issues

Also as I understand the BR payout-regardless of wager size ...the highest payout on a single race wins this money

I really liked how in one post you explained it like walking into the track the day before and buying $100 worth of tickets

To me that is a great base to start explaining the rules

Well I mean this sincerely and not  in a condescending tone as I  respect your contest efforts over the years

Sometimes in trying to make rules and wanting to be exact , the wording becomes OVER COMPLICATED and

I read rules very carefully.

My experience says most people dont and this leads to a heap of issues

Also as I understand the BR payout-regardless of wager size ...the highest payout on a single race wins this money

Sadly even when in simplest terms there have been those who try and turn that simplicity into an opportunity to use that as a way to shot an angle etc. This I have learned over the last couple years that when it comes to contest here there is no "Simple" 

So I try and cover as many angles as I can without making it all that difficult, its not an easy task at times so I appreciate any kind of useful input.