Social Distancing: Florida Keys

rdalert447

1 hour ago, rdalert447 said:

The Keys might be a tough place for a straight single guy to get laid, if that’s what you’re looking for. The place with the most nightlife is Key West, and that’s 50/50 gay dudes to 40 year old women.

Joey is a closet gay so it will be right up his alley most likely.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing to do in Marathon.  You can head over to KFC or stop in at the convenience store and that’s about it.  It’s fine if you spend your days on the water but to do anything fun you will be driving to key west anyway.

nothing beats Key West.  Great drink, great food, and nice hotels.  The only place in the US that doesn’t feel or look like the US.  Marathon is boring.  But maybe that’s your thing?

Marathon is definitely boring compared to Key West. We first went to Marathon on our honeymoon, 14 years ago. We were living/working in NYC at the time, so Marathon was the perfect opposite of our lives. We fell in love with it and returned once a year for a relaxing vacation. They do have some great restaurants on the water there, but I suppose all the Keys do. Now that we live in Florida, we visit Marathon  about once every two years. The place we stay (below) has a lot of things for my 12 year old son to do. So when we are looking for a laid back getaway, that’s usually where we head.

https://www.hawkscay.com/

2 hours ago, rdalert447 said:

Marathon is definitely boring compared to Key West. We first went to Marathon on our honeymoon, 14 years ago. We were living/working in NYC at the time, so Marathon was the perfect opposite of our lives. We fell in love with it and returned once a year for a relaxing vacation. They do have some great restaurants on the water there, but I suppose all the Keys do. Now that we live in Florida, we visit Marathon  about once every two years. The place we stay (below) has a lot of things for my 12 year old son to do. So when we are looking for a laid back getaway, that’s usually where we head.

https://www.hawkscay.com/

Yes we liked the laid back feel of Marathon also. Did you check out the turtle hospital ? It was nice to chill out in Marathon before hitting Key West and partying for 5 days straight. 

8 hours ago, redstripe said:

Yes we liked the laid back feel of Marathon also. Did you check out the turtle hospital ? It was nice to chill out in Marathon before hitting Key West and partying for 5 days straight. 

one time i was driving to soccer at ormond florida. two baseball players in a pick-up stopped, and backed up to drive over a turtle 

12 hours ago, redstripe said:

It was actually free when we went 

Now that is a deal! We’ve been going to Theater of the Sea in Islamorada.  My kid was bored there last year so looking to try something new. They haven’t really updated their shows in ten years so to keep paying $80 for stuff we’ve seen already isn’t happening. I would recommend it to those who haven’t been there before.

Might also try the Mel Fisher museum:

https://www.melfisher.org/

We watched the show Cooper’s Treasure and loved it, so it is a good tie-in.

• 2 months later...