What is the best $50 you ever spent?

sleepy

I subscribe to the Coast to Coast insider and get constant entertainment from that site.

HyVee had a sale on Tyson frozen chicken strips for $4.99/bag plus they had an online digital coupon for a $1 off and you could load more than one on your card. Bought 12 bags and went back next day and did it again, Barely fit the shit in my freezer.

I was winning bidder on a package of 10 polo shirts on Ebay for $55

Exact amount I had to pay someone for fake press credentials to watch the Phillies win the 08 world series... The guys checking our press passes had this grin on their face like they knew we were all using fake passes but didn't give a fuck they were Phillies fans just like us, they wanted as many people in the building as possible. Was on elevator with Harry Kalas in the 7th inning. Whatta night.

Ha! I bought a whole box of 89 upper deck packs I figured I would get at least 2 of those. Nope. Not one. Was a very disappointed 13 yr old.

The packages were more fun to open, but the complete sets were the way to go. My collection was great, but I gave it all away. Collecting cards was my favorite non-sports hobby, I'd get a pack of cards and chew that hard stick of gum after every practice. I was told to save them and they'd go up in value, but those things are all worth less today than they were when I was 12. The card I wanted most was a D Stawberry Topps Traded Rookie card, that bad boy was the one, but at 115 bucks, my parents said it wasnt happening.

My best friends and I used to put our best 20-30 cards out, lay them flat on the floor in their cases, and we'd flip coins trying to land the coin completely on the card; if we succeeded, we took the card. My pops made me give my buddy back his Bo Jackson football/baseball card, I crushed my buds in our game, but their parents had more money so they'd just get the cards again.

The first rule about coin flip card roulette, well....obviously...

My buds "lost" a lot of cards. Eventually they (their parents) got suspicious and set up a sting bringing down each one of us.

About 14 years ago I got I to collecting again. Bought a few boxes of something. Forget what they were called. But you got 4 packs in the box for $200. You got one jersey one auto and 3 reg cards per pack. All the autos were older guys from the 80s and earlier. Waste of money. All I ever got were strawberry gooden wil Clark fergur Jenkins autos. Did pull a paul loduca 1/1 but was only able to sell it for $75..