Potential $100 Buy In - 2020 TGF MLB CONTEST {Chime in if Interested} ? ? ? ?

Sharp Square

mlb-2020.jpg

$100 Buy In

Season set to open on July 23 or 24 with the 60-game season set to conclude on Sept. 27 consisting of 60 games.

Potential format:

• 80 plays total (all lines from HrWager, no plays over -150) based on $100 wagers. There is no minimum or maximum # of plays per day/week. But each entry must make exactly 80 plays by the deadline set any remaining plays will count as (-$100) in the final grading.​
  • All plays will be listed pitchers and if there is a SPing change plays will be no action and won't count toward total plays. Any rainouts or canceled games will be no action and will not count against your total plays
  • Full Game/Totals/Run-Line/1st5 wagers Available
  • No correlated plays (so no 1st 5 and whole game wagers on same team sides or totals etc) Cannot play opposite side of same game
  • winners =  total units won

Just an outline of the format can be adjusted if anyone has any good idea's. Just looking to guage any interest in a potential contest for this year so MLB is set to go. So just check in with an "I'M IN" if interested.

Have any idea's etc just toss em out now so we can have things in order before we start for a change lol 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll get in but since its based on units won, not sure why theres a max line (nothing longer than -150).

I think the max favorite line is too low. It takes too many options off the board in my opinion. I was in another baseball pool and any game under minus 200 was ok and if you were a hopeless chalk player you could play 2 -200 or higher chalks in a parlay. Kershaw -260 & Verlander-280 100/88 ok knock yourself out. Keeps the chalkies happy anyway. Of course this will make sharpsquare's life a little more complicated with the grading, but I think if MLB does happen this year, we should all prepare for a lot of pitching changes. Starting pitchers used to be  etched in stone and I think those days are unfortunately gone.

I think the max favorite line is too low. It takes too many options off the board in my opinion. I was in another baseball pool and any game under minus 200 was ok and if you were a hopeless chalk player you could play 2 -200 or higher chalks in a parlay. Kershaw -260 & Verlander-280 100/88 ok knock yourself out. Keeps the chalkies happy anyway. Of course this will make sharpsquare's life a little more complicated with the grading, but I think if MLB does happen this year, we should all prepare for a lot of pitching changes. Starting pitchers used to be  etched in stone and I think those days are unfortunately gone.

You likely have a solid point about the pitching changes

I would be fine with making the max favorite line -200 or less, letting the chalk players have a little more room to operate