Car Insurance/Accident Question

rdalert447

Good info as always, Mikeman. You should be a paid poster.

I try, if the accident is the other guys fault, and it appears everyone agrees, there is no issue going through his ins, of you feel or they discover that there's additional damage they'll adjust it, they are required to. I commend you as well for not faking anything, you're a good man. :hat

Once you get it you should be able to take it to your choice of shops(they might want you to go to their approved places, you dont have to), just show them the estimate and if they start fixing the car and find extra damage(not unusual), they'll take it from there.

If they cut you a check you might be able to shop around and find a place that'll charge less and make a small profit, pretty much everywhere will ask if it's ins and to see the estimate, but it's possible.

Knew a guy who got hit and his 15 year old nissan sentra got totalled. Thing had just about everything wrong with it imaginable. Needed like 4k worth of work (that he knew about). Not a single soul would have paid more than 200 bucks for it. Even the tires were bald.

The other person's insurance offered him 1500 I think - he hung up on them. Then 1800. He told them to go fuck themselves. Said the car was in pristine condition and it was serviced every 2k miles or some shit, lol.

He went back and forth like 5 times and got them up to about 3k I think. That's probably only relevant to when they total it, but can't hurt to reject the first offer and see if they come back with more.