OT: anybody count calories ?

Teddy kgb

I’m doing a sober October and weight loss month.....lose 20lbs is goal....I want to meal prep for the entire month and eat almost all protein and fruit....I read a few articles on calorie counting but as usual I’m confused.....

How can I know how much a single grape is?

A cut piece of chicken or steak?

Short celery with peanut butter?

Hand full off granola?

Shit like that?

I’m not kissing everyone’s ass to get an answer but there are a ton of smart dudes here even Hammer has a gem once in a blue moon.

Either that or you guys are dumb and I’m really dumb.....either way TIA

Oh, I plan on doing daily vids of weigh ins and commentary the whole month to motivate anyone who might want to follow up with their own sober weight loss November

lll try to follow thru with that but my track record isn’t so good I know

wife uses my fitness pal, she likes it.  I have no clue how it works but you can count calories taken in and out if you want to be meticulous

calorie counting seems like a waste of time unless you need long term precision

but if you are looking to lose that kind of weight in 1 month. why even bother counting? it's not like you are trying to just hit a 500 calorie deficit for a long long time, where the difference between an ounce of chicken or 100 calories this way or that way is important

you are going to be trying to have huge calorie deficits of like 1000-2000 per day ( I hope you are exercising a lot)

so just stick to your planned allowable foods, cut out the booze, and exercise

make it easy on yourself

You ain't gonna lose 20 lbs in a month ted. Not possible. Only way to do that would be if you were a 400 pound fatty. Someone like you who is already lean can maybe lose 6-8lbs in a month. You may "lose" more but anything over that will be water weight that will come right back within a couple days of eating normally.

Takes a 3500 cal deficit to lose 1 pound. If you shoot for a 1000 cal deficit per day (say eat 1500 and burn 2500) you will lose about 2 pounds a week.