• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Moldoveanu said:

i read somewhere somebody with knowledge said 1 BC will be over 300k

You can lead a horse to water...

Lots of predictions including $1 million per BTC over the years.  That most recent number was put out from a guy who worked with a Citigroup trading platform and estimate was eoy 2021.  Time will tell. 

The way I've seen it for a long time, BTC has only two possible long term outcomes - one is that it finally capitulates and tanks to a permanent ~100 USD range. The other is that it continues to grow in fits and starts, until eventually gaining enough pressure to partially replace gold and displace the dollar as the global reserve currency. That would lead to a market cap of 2-10T ($100k-$500k range). There's not much room for it to stay in the middle (where it is now) long term - the pressure over time will move it to one end or the other eventually.

I've seen enough selloffs and rebounds to rule out scenario 1. But the other question is how long is the process for scenario 2. It could be 2 years, but is more likely to be 10, 20 or even 50. So even if it gets there eventually, if it takes 30 years to blast off you still may be better off investing elsewhere.

Either way, it's not like a market cap of 20T is really feasible, so if you dont buy, you're not going to kick yourself for missing out on a 100x return. The 100x return was to buy at 1k or less.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, WVU said:

18k now.  oh my

Wish I had more but glad I didn't sell all I had.

Just hit 19 about an hour ago...retraced some now, but steady climb a good sign.  PayPal makes it so easy for new buyers. Wish they had more alts on there.  Alts on absolute fire the last 7 days....esp XRP and Stellar.  Many up 25 percent or more overnight.  Ripple up 113 percent the last week.   Too bad I was never a big ripple fan...I have some, but not much. 

On 11/19/2020 at 11:47 AM, WVU said:

Wish I had more but glad I didn't sell all I had.

At least you’re not this guy!  Sold 1700 BTC at $0.30.  Would have 32 million.  He tweeted this in 2016..”...now that they’re $8.00.”       That’s gotta hurt...BAD.

9424F196-D407-44B4-B211-160C8100CE86.jpeg

16 minutes ago, tailsyoulose said:

:pop

Gonna hit an all time high, get to 19,997, then crash all the way down to 15k. Can't help but think I've seen this one before.

There wasn’t such institutional investment before...just speculative hype.  You never know with BTC, but I’m optimistic. You just never know.   How long do you think til ATH?

Gemini been down for a bit now,   Always seems to happen at times like this...tho many exchanges worse.

8 minutes ago, tailsyoulose said:

4PM EST

Somewhere MF is shorting the fuck out of this rally. Cant say I disagree with him. It always tanks huge after these run ups.

Wow. You think today?   I dk.  I don’t see it this time around...at least not a huge drop.  But who knows with Crypto.  If it does,  I don’t see it happening before end of year.  

Curiious what GBTC does today. 

3 minutes ago, IAG said:

Wow. You think today?   I dk.  I don’t see it this time around...at least not a huge drop.  But who knows with Crypto.  If it does,  I don’t see it happening before end of year.  

Yeah, pretty impossible to tell in the short run.

Only about 500 under the ATH now though, and its up 800 or so in the last couple hours. I think the momentum will carry it to a new high today, but I'd guess a selloff would be imminent when it starts flirting with 20k.

4 minutes ago, tailsyoulose said:

Yeah, pretty impossible to tell in the short run.

Only about 500 under the ATH now though, and its up 800 or so in the last couple hours. I think the momentum will carry it to a new high today, but I'd guess a selloff would be imminent when it starts flirting with 20k.

Yeah..You may be right on hitting today.19,294 on Gemini right now,