Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, mikeman said:

They do them now, i cant go out and buy a handgun without waiting to be checked out.   I think I'd have to apply as well.

That’s the bill they refuse to vote on.  Let’s add a longer waiting period.  What’s the issue with having to wait say 30 days?  

The reason conservatives are willing to go to the wall on assault weapons is simple, the slippery slope principle.

I don't need an assault rifle but I have one as do many. However the perception of gun owners like myself is that if we give up the right to a specific weapon then it opens the door to other forms of confiscation.

And not just guns, the perception is that when we open the door to that what might we be asked to give up next.

I don't trust our leaders enough to give them an inch, lest they take the proverbial mile...

3 minutes ago, WVU said:

90% of Americans want background checks.  What’s so bad about having background checks?

Leftists dont want background checks - because most people are clean, they want to be able to say "gee, i dont like his social media posts, , I dont like the people he associates with, I dont like his comments on TGF", and then they would deny a gun.

That's their dream but it's not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

The reason conservatives are willing to go to the wall on assault weapons is simple, the slippery slope principle.

I don't need an assault rifle but I have one as do many. However the perception of gun owners like myself is that if we give up the right to a specific weapon then it opens the door to other forms of confiscation.

And not just guns, the perception is that when we open the door to that what might we be asked to give up next.

I don't trust our leaders enough to give them an inch, lest they take the proverbial mile...

Lame, Jimmy.  We have a gun problem in this country.  Something needs to be done.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Leftists dont want background checks - because most people are clean, they want to be able to say "gee, i dont like his social media posts, , I dont like the people he associates with, I dont like his comments on TGF", and then they would deny a gun.

That's their dream but it's not going to happen.

40% of Republicans want background checks.

1 minute ago, WVU said:

That’s the bill they refuse to vote on.  Let’s add a longer waiting period.  What’s the issue with having to wait say 30 days?  

30 days huh, and then it''ll be 90, sorry, lets not do that.

How about this, I'd go for this, ban democrats from owning a gun(if you're a registered dem you get rejected), ban faggs from owning a gun, ban tranny's from owning guns?  would you go for that?

11 minutes ago, WVU said:

I appreciate your views.  Always.  Could the Dems do more to help our own economy?  Of course they can.  But their priorities are off.  As you stated they are more concerned with protecting the feelings of others and more concerned with a war we have no business getting involved with.  How do we write a check for 40 billion when we have our own problems here that could use money thrown into?  I am pissed at our President and our whole government.  He is weak and just not effective.  He is trying to govern the world instead of our own country.

I don’t like the other side either.  I don’t like the Republicans handling of abortion or gun control.  I had criticized them all the time when they were in power.  But this is a Democrat controlled government currently so they need to be taking the blame at this time. I don’t vote along party lines, I vote for who can best lead OUR country.  Biden is not that guy.  I was hoping he could be, but he clearly is not.

priorities, man.  They are all fucked up. USA first.  Not last.  Feed starving kids elsewhere when American bellies are full but not before. Maybe look into passing nationwide rent control.  That is a Democratic line of thinking but they have done zero about the current crisis here at home.

I hear you and I think you are right when it comes to priorities from both sides. We seems to be making things worse and not better.

Sadly every thing now is a political battle one side completely hates the other and that makes the chances of meaningful change way too low.  And Democrats share their part of that problem. 

I can't back Trump level Republicans I have known too many con men in my life n business to buy into his game he wants enrich himself n his over anyone else. But there are some Republicans out there with positive ideas as to the economy and American based financial workings and I would vote for that. Believe me I want to be richer and more secure just like u and everyone else. I want max value from my savings etc

I wish we had a candidate that ran as an independent. that took some of the financial aspects of republicans and some of the social aspects of dems and knew how to find the middle.  Those 2 things can coexists but sadly neither side wants to give in and these kinds of guys can't make it into a dog catcher position much less Washington. 

So we have to sit here and decide which is the lesser of the two evils. For me its the Dem side but I def understand why it wouldn't be for u and I do share a lot of your frustrations. 

Just now, mikeman said:

30 days huh, and then it''ll be 90, sorry, lets not do that.

How about this, I'd go for this, ban democrats from owning a gun(if you're a registered dem you get rejected), ban faggs from owning a gun, ban tranny's from owning guns?  would you go for that?

Why would 30 become 90?  That would require bipartisan support and the whole dog and pony show all over again.  If it was that easy it would already be 90 days.

Just now, WVU said:

Why would 30 become 90?  That would require bipartisan support and the whole dog and pony show all over again.  If it was that easy it would already be 90 days.

What are we at now? is it 7 or 10 days? It didn't use to be that.

Guns are not the problem, mental illness is the problem, a sick society is the problem, everyone knows that but they dont want to admit it - because that would be very hard to address.

Background checks are a non-starter for me.

Where would that end...

Background check to buy a kitchen knife, a rope, a bat?

Should a liquor store do a background check to see if their customer has had legal issues related to alcohol?

Alcohol and cigarettes kill more Americans than guns, the only difference being that it's less dramatic. 

I refuse to be pre-judged as worthy of owning a legal product.

2 minutes ago, WVU said:

How about magazine capacity?  Let’s lower that.  Zero reason not to to any sane individual 

you would think this is one of the aspects that there would be no real argument over, right?  It seems like something that everyone can agree on.  One of many things that just makes sense....

but i guess not

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

What are we at now? is it 7 or 10 days? It didn't use to be that.

Guns are not the problem, mental illness is the problem, a sick society is the problem, everyone knows that but they dont want to admit it - because that would be very hard to address.

There isn’t a federal law on waiting periods which is my point.  It varies from zero to 10 days.  

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Background checks are a non-starter for me.

Where would that end...

Background check to buy a kitchen knife, a rope, a bat?

Should a liquor store do a background check to see if their customer has had legal issues related to alcohol?

Alcohol and cigarettes kill more Americans than guns, the only difference being that it's less dramatic. 

I refuse to be pre-judged as worthy of owning a legal product.

Why not expanded background checks for assault weapons?  Not for your basic hunting weapons like shot guns or home self protection things like handguns.

Just for assault weapons that don't really have an actual purpose and cause much of this problem. Just don't see why this isn't a middle ground kind of area. 

2 minutes ago, Sharp Square said:

you would think this is one of the aspects that there would be no real argument over, right?  It seems like something that everyone can agree on.  One of many things that just makes sense....

but i guess not

You guys are nuts, that's not reasonable, that's insane, you keep focusing on the gun like it's the problem, guns and ammo have zero to do with it.

Kids are going around killing people because society is sick, and the media feeds that sickness.

1 minute ago, Sharp Square said:

Why not expanded background checks for assault weapons?  Not for your basic hunting weapons like shot guns or home self protection things like handguns.

Just for assault weapons that don't really have an actual purpose and cause much of this problem. Just don't see why this isn't a middle ground kind of area. 

There's no such thing as an assault weapon, most of these hopped up guns just look different from normal guns, they're not, it's one trigger pull one shot.  The fact they are designed to look military is to spur sales.

16 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

fox business just did a segement on wall st buying up entire neighborhoods in Palm Bay, FL

not a rich place. just outside of daytona. regular house rent $3,100

so all 5 waitresses at a nearby diner can share a house with the dishwasher and cook. sounds fair 

3100 average rent in Palm Bay?  Ummm no.  Not even close 

1 minute ago, Sharp Square said:

If all the assault weapons disappeared tomorrow assailants would just use different weapons. 

The problem of nut jobs shooting innocent victims wouldn't go away and I don't think the carnage would really decrease meaningfully.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

If all the assault weapons disappeared tomorrow assailants would just use different weapons. 

The problem of nut jobs shooting innocent victims wouldn't go away and I don't think the carnage would really decrease meaningfully.

every country has problems with mental illness some more than us yet their kids are not getting gunned down almost monthly. so why is that? 

If every middle ground is a non starter then we do shit and kids continue to die

• rdalert447 changed the title to Why is Every Liberal at TGF So Angry?
  • Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread